1st chemo done!

So, first chemo just finished. Don’t feel too bad, at the end of the treatment I was starting to feel like my sinuses with filling up but they feel ok now. I’m only slightly Wooly headed, a little bit of pins and needles in my feet! will see how this all goes. love and hugs to everybody who is due to start. it wasn’t as scary as I thought, the nurses were very kind and considerate and we were probably there less than 2 hours I’m having fec-t 3 x 3 no cold cap. Worst part was fitting the cannula and that wasn’t too bad either! The whole treatment part took about half an hour so make sure you have a pee first I have been for a few pee’s since, probably because of the saline drip. And it’s pink. Xxx

Hi, I too had my first round this afternoon. Wasn’t too bad - I’m going with the cold cap so it took longer because I had to keep it on for 90 mins after chemo finished. Will be interesting to see if it does work at all. I’m lying on the sofa now eating shortbread biscuits and drinking loads of water. Good luck with yr treatment x

You too Kelly, is it fec-t? Will be interesting to see how the cold cap works, will keep you updated as to when I lose my hair!

Ladies I would urge you to join either the October 16 chemo group or the November 16 group. You will find the support of ladies all going through the same process will be a tower of strength to you on this journey! I started chemo at the end of March 14 and joined April 14 group as many ladies in the March thread had completed 2 sessions!
Good luck ladies many of us have travelled the path you are on and have come out the other side!

I’m having 6xFec not the taxanes as I suffer quite bad from Raynauds (bad circulation to hands) the onc said the tiny extra benefit it gave me on their calculations didn’t outweigh the risk of the complications. Yes let me know when u start to lose hair! I’ve been told I will lose hair but might get away with a bobby charlton comb over ?X

Hi rosie, I’ve joined the Nov group too. Thanks hun x