1st mammogram after treatment

Hi

ive just had my first yearly mammo today. The staff were lovely but of course I’m worrying myself silly about the results …I have been told by a few medical staff that due to the changes in the breast from surgery, rads etc I may be called back as this is the baseline one they want to be doubly sure it’s normal   Is being called back likely? The worry never seems to end! Rebecca x

Hi Rebecca,
I dealt with it by telling myself that following treatment, there would even be less likely to be a problem & so there wasn’t. There’s no reason why there should be a problem.
Anyway, although it’s a bit anxiety provoking at least it’s good they’ve said this could happen & they’re only being thorough.
ann x

Hi Rebecca

Yes, there always seems something to get anxious about! However ( and this was said to me when I had my first one!) after all the treatment you’ve had, it is very unlikely that there will be anything to worry about. I didn’t need to do another, but I think all hospitals work differently.

Best of luck with it all and congratulations… Welcome to the Moving Forward After BC section! 

Sue xx

Thanks guys. Ann as you live in the same area as me how long did it take to get the results? Did you get a letter?

Hi Rebecca, I was told at the mammo appointment that I would get the results at the annual review with the surgeon which was about a month later as originally scheduled, but I had to bring the mammo forward as we were out of the country for a few weeks & the appointment with the surgeon was a couple of days after we got back.
At the appointment, I was told all’s well, had a breast examination & that was it until next year.
I have already been sent my appointment with the surgeon for next year.
ann x

Hi Rebecca,
I have my first yearly mammogram on Tuesday. Ironically on Friday I’ve got the first of a 6 week Fear of Recurrence Group.
I am really nervous about the mammogram. it was high grade DCIS I had, and I was told it had a high Recurrence rate. I know I’m likely worrying over nothing as I had radiotherapy, but I can’t get the fear out of my head.

Hi everyone I finally got a letter 5 weeks after the mammogram - all clear! I’m annoyed they keep you waiting so long for the results but the longer it went on the more I told myself everything must be ok or else they would have contacted me. Eli have you had you results yet? I’m sure you will be fine. X