Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st mammogram since diagnosis

3 REPLIES 3
elizabeth99

Re: 1st mammogram since diagnosis

Hi RoadRunner and Kez,

Thanks for your comments, it does help to know there other people out there going through the same emotions.
Glad you had a clear result, RR and good luck to you Kez for tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.

Kind regards, Liz x

Kezz74

Hi Liz, I think we're allowed to be a bit emotional about all this! I was dx Sept 07 had surgery, chemo, radio and am also on Tamoxifen. I have been fine all the way through treatment and since finishing in August this year. My first mammogram since diagnosis is tomorrow and I have been an emotional wreck for the last few days. So I guess we can assume that it is normal or that we are all just abnormal together!!

Good luck, best wishes
Kez

RoadRunner

Hi Liz,

I think it's only natural to be apprehensive about it. Even if you don't worry the rest of the time, having a specific test for cancer makes you think 'what if'. I was dx in Feb 07, had my next mammo in August this year. It made me worry too, but the result was clear.

elizabeth99

1st mammogram since diagnosis

Hi all,
I don't know whether it's the Tamoxifen making me emotional, it probably is, but I am feeling really apprehensive about having my next mammogram. I haven't had one since diagnosis in May 07 and although my intelligence tells me that having undergone chemotherapy, radiotherapy and now 9 months of Tamoxifen it's unlikely that anything sinister is lurking, I can't help but worry.
Has anyone else got any experience of this that they can share with me?
Thanks, Liz.