cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 lumpectomy still no clear margins

8 REPLIES 8
evs_71

Re: 2 lumpectomy still no clear margins

A few days of tiredness and then I've been feeling good Cocolily, I've had 2 now, third next week. My hair started to come out 2 weeks after the first chemo and by 3 days later, I was wearing scarves. Went for the buzz cut and felt much better. Good luck and hope you begin to feel human soon 🙂
Cocolily

I'm a week into my chemo and not feeling good. Another week and I expects hair to come out or start coming out. Well done Evs-71 for being brave with your hair. How's your chemo going?
evs_71

I'm quite liking the no hair look as does my Husband. I'm very proud of the shape of my head 🙂 Unfortunately the weather has turned cold again here, so I haven't ventured outside naked yet 😉

Cocolily

Hi Eve71.. Thinking of shaving move off soon after 1st Chemo.. I'm a all or nothing type of person anyway. Think I will be upset though. Are you coping and what's the worst .. Chemo or no hair ?
evs_71

I'm having chemo before surgery, which will hopefully shrink the tumour to give clear margins for surgery and also to help reduce the risk of local recurrence.  I am due my second round this Wednesday and besides a few days of tiredness, I have felt good - no sickness at all.  My hair however is a casualty.  Started coming out 2 weeks after chemo and is nearly all gone 😞  Good Luck x

Molliana

It's been the best 🙂
I started my Fec on Wednesday. Minimal side effects so far so at least one good thing x
Cocolily

You have been through a lot Molliana. I hope you are coping well. Are you waiting for your chemo to start now. What a journey we are all going through x
Molliana

i had my first WLE on 28th Jan. Then another around 18th Feb and still had no clear margins. I was wanting them to start chemo straight away and worry about the surgery later. They wouldn't tho so had mx on 18th March with immediate reconstruction. I think with me when I went back to surgery the second time they found more cancer they weren't expecting and mx was safer because of the surprises we kept getting. My lumps didn't show very clearly on imaging either.
Chemo will at least treat your whole body so feel assured by that. Plus I think having chemo before surgery is starting to happen more and more often when you read the American forums xx
Cocolily

2 lumpectomy still no clear margins

Hi. Anyone in the same boat as me. Diagnosed 18th Feb. So far had 2 WLE both didn't have clear margins. Now proceeding to chemo with an op (mx ) at the end of treatment. Looking for reassurance I supose all will be ok.