I would opt for a Mx too - scary I know -but last week I had a change of operation at 30 mins notice before going into theatre. Deep down I knew it would happen and it was for the best. The relief and being pain free (apart from surgery pain obviously) was immense. However, I could not have coped if they hadn;t done immediate reconstruction and would have hated to have had one flat side. It is really not as bad as I thought it would be as it will look much the same when completed. You really don't want to keep going through endless operations, hoping for clear margins. The endless worry is horrible and it will be a weight off your mind. Hopefully you will have come to a decision by now with help from your surgeon. Good luck with whatever happens
K M x
Tomorrow I am going to London to the breast surgery clinic to find out what the experts have to offer after two operations, 3 lumpectomies for DCIS (high grade) in two places, one area has completely gone but the other is still there, as they have failed to remove it on both occasions . The mammograms show it is still there. Has anyone else had this happen to them? What would their advice be? This has been going on for the last eight months.