2 week wait not being met

Hi I’ve been waiting for an appointment after being referred as urgent after finding a lump. It’s now been 2 weeks so I’ve rung my GP who gave me a number to ring and I’ve been told the 2 week wait is not being met in my area due to too many patients. They gave me another number to ring to chase up a mammogram. I’m so stressed today. After trying to keep a lid on it for 2 weeks the floodgates have opened and I’m a mess. I can’t get an answer for the mammogram and scared they are going to say it will be weeks before I’m seen. It’s been agonising waiting these last 2 weeks but I thought at least it would be dealt with by now. I’m almost 45 and imagining my children growing up without me. I really can’t face chasing appointments today. Sorry for the rant. Is anyone else having to wait longer than 2 weeks and how are you coping? 

Thanks

xx

Hi Clareg14,

It’s sounds like you’re having such a frustrating time! I am sure some of our users will be along to share their experiences and show their support soon. 

In the meantime you can always call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, who will be able to talk you through any questions you have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below:

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday, 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Bonita 

Hi Clareg,

was sorry to see you had to wait so long…there are clear guidelines that we should be seen within two weeks!

i do hope youve now been seen and that you have a better picture of what is going on?

i understand how easy it is to get into the downward spiral…take heart tho, if you can…my initial diagnosis was in 2001 and im still around!  Hopefully, you will be lucky and find it is non cancerous xx

If we Do ever   have to have bc…now is one of the best times as there is so much coming out, so many new drugs on the market.

hugs,Moijan???

Clareg, yes that’s awfulxx

Very best wishes for a good resultx

Maybe if you tell them how awful the wait has been, they might ring you earlier, but me… I think I’d wait till my appointment xx
The radiog won’t be able to tell you
( usually) hugsxx
moijan???

I know, the wait isnt easy, but hopefully the result will be worth waiting for xx

M???