2 weeks post WLE

Hi All

I am now 2 weeks post WLE surgery and have experienced very little pain or discomfort until the last few days.

My breast skin around the scar now feels very irritated and sore. Everything rubs and the only relief I get is by sitting with my PJ top unfastened!

I’m not sure if this is nerve endings, or tight stitches or what?
I can’t say it is pain, it feels more like sun burn although everything looks fine and no obvious signs of irritation.
Anyone else experienced this sensation?

Incidentally my scar is around the nipple.
Love to All
xxx

Andi

Have you been to see your GP nurse, I know that i had to go to see her 2 weeks after my op for a review to check how the scar was healing xx

No not yet. My appointment is for 3 weeks post surgery which is the 28th.
I think the problem is the steri strips at the end of the scars where the stitches are.
The scars are healing well.
When I don’t wear clothes it’s not a problem. …obviously not practical.
I will give her a call tomorrow.
Thank you for your reply

I mentioned the same pain at my post op (I had my WLE on 15th Feb). My breast care nurse said the burning, sore sensation is the nerve endings.  I guess they’ve all been rather assaulted and are now trying to heal.

I had a similar problem following a nephrectomy, particularly at the edge of the numb area over my hip where the nerve had been damaged during surgery.  The burning eventually subsided, so I’m hoping my underarm settles soon too!

(My scar is under my arm, at the side of my breast, where my surgeon managed to access both the lymph nodes and camcer from the same incision)

I am having the very same pain my first surgery was Feb 9th WLE & Sentinal node removal 

two weeks later I gad 9 nodes removed and more margin in my breast l

since the last two weeks I have a severe burning pain under my arm just like sun burn - in my arm pit but also going down into my arm.

my scars have healed just hope with time it will get better 

hope you get better too it’s agony