thank you so much for your response , I will do a bit more reading up on it, I was in such shock I didnt ask the name of the test or anything - she did say thought it was unlikely I would need chemo,I will await the test results probably within 2 weeks. its the roller coaster of emotions that gets you- I thought I was a very together person, but I am more positive today ! Deb
Hi, your tumour must be estrogen postive if you've been offered the Oncotype test. I was in the same position last year thought I would only need radiotherapy. I had an 8mm invasive Ductal tumour node was clear. My score came back at 38 so chemo was recommended. I had 4 cycles of Doxetacil & Cylophsphamide, I didn't need to have radiotherapy. I was very disappointed and nervous, but got through the chemo with fortunately very few side effects. I had the last one 22/2, and now feel really well,
I am 2 weeks post MX and ANC. I knew from biopsy results that my tumours were HER2 positive and therefore I need Herceptin, which automatically means chemo. 6 cycles plus a Herceptin jab every 3 weeks for a year.
They also told me that they were oestrogen positive so that is hormone treatment for ten years. At my appt on Tuesday I was told I would need radiotherapy too - as surgeon said 'throwing everything at it that has evidence of effectiveness'. My little ray of sunshine was that only 2/26 of the lymph nodes removed showed cancer cells.
They aren't kidding when they say this disease is life changing. So much to come to terms with. Sorry I can't give you any advice or comfort. I made the decision to focus on living and trust the great NHS to provide me with world class treatment so am going to take whatever they recommend and hope I find the inner strength to endure it. I so want to be here to retire to the country and see my children grow up.
Hope it works out for you.
Hi, had 1.8mm lobular cancer removed on 31 May I thought I would only need radiotherapy, but after my post op meeting with consultant today -I was told I may need chemo, the tumour has been sent to America to see if the tumour is oestroegen fed if the result comes back positive then I will need chemo, I had been prepared for just radiotherapy, she tried to be positive and say this was unlikely but this has really upset me and my is head all over the place again I now have to wait two weeks for the results. Is there anyone else who has been in this situation. D