71.3K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 yrs on have I got to go thru' all this again?

22 REPLIES 22
turquoise

Re: 2 yrs on have I got to go thru' all this again?

Hi Chrissy, will be thinking of you on Thursday x

dolphin1

Have decided enough is enough and am going to retire early at the end of May. My 3rd mamm is due in April and last years scare was the final resort.
Have no firm plans yet for retirement and very relaxed about life in general.

dolphin1

M,
So sorry to hear your news, will be thinking of you on Wed.
J xx

smelltheroses

Hi Dolphin, so glad to hear your good news. Hope you celebrated!

Sheila xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

iamok

Hi Dolphin
So glad to hear your news
Unfortunatly I wasn't quite so lucky going in for mx next wed
You should retire and look after yourself, instead of others for a change.
When I was diagnosed 2 years ago I worked as a school nurse and a midwife, but gave up school nursing and just do 1 shift in midwifery and I am so glad I did.
Lulu I have followed your posts for a while, I think we were diagnosed about the same time last time, are you still working a BCN, if so I would like to pick your brains
Have a lovely day
M. xx

Lulu34

dolphin so glad to read this i was looking at the other thread and wondering how you got on last week.... fab news.

Lx

sheil

Great news!! Bet that relief feels absolutely wonderful.

And if I was able I'd retire too.

S

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Dolphin1, just thought i'd add my two-pennorth....DO it!! I was a nurse, too, and retired when I was 58.I can honestly say I haven't regretted it. A year ago I also got the Dx, had a lumpectomy, chemo and Rads, and felt I would never get back to "normal" again. Now, I have just had a "normal" mammogram, have lots of energy, and am enjoying my life again. There comes a time when every woman needs to take the time to look after themselves, and nurses find it hard to admit, but really we are no different, we need time to ourselves, too. Sorry to butt in, and I hope everything goes well for you.
hugs,
Heather.xx

dolphin1

Hi All,
got really good news on Tues - biopsies all benign - hooray!!Had really good time away and able to forget about everything.

Still thinking of retiring though.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi dolphin really really sorry to hear your back here again, I really hope things turn out ok for you. xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

New on this site, had MX/Diep Flap left breast last October and just getting my life back on track then found another lump on right breast Wednesday last. Went into panic mode but managed to get an appointment with BS Thursday and did tests on the lump I found and it was a cyst but more worrying the radiographer found a small mass and I had to have another mammo plus two core biopsies, wont get results back until next Thursday. This disease is really making me mental my BS is brilliant and is obviously non commital at the moment, could be calcification but just dont know until the results come back. Hope you all get good results - Chrissy

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi J
just sending love - I'm thinking about you. I'm another who had a big gap (12 years) between dx's. I hope so much that you don't have to go through it again, and am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Am waiting myself for scan results, but have to wait til June 6th because this monday's a bank holiday. bummer!
hope things go well and we have a very happy post on Tues - will look out ofr you
xx mon

iamok

Hi J
Hope you are going somewhere nice on tues.
I can understand what you mean about retiring, I am a Midwife and I always planned to retire at 55. You should take the time for you, you deserve it .
I am trying hard to not think about it till I get the results,
Last time they just told me immediately, but I could tell by the doctor who was doing the scans face, this time it was the same doctor and she didn't give anything away and said she really wasnt sure so just have to believe her, feel like I am on a pendulum swinging between + and -.
Oh well nearly at our destination after 5 hours in the car need to stretch these legs x

J01

Hi J

I have new primary other side ..after 14 years!! I was 34 then. I am doing fine when dx I asked the professor (one of the best )I have had 14 cancer free years ( and this conversation took place after I had discovered node involvement this time) is there any reason why I can't get another 14 years+ to which he replied " No there is every reason to invest heavily in you and no reason why yopu shouldn't see your kids (7&9) grow up"....music to my ears!!!
Love Jeanette xxx
p.s just had clear bone scan results!! we will spit in the eye of cancer!!!!
more editd for bad spelling!

dolphin1

Hi M,
Don't know what I'll do if they can't give result next Tues! Was going away Tues morning, will still go but will have to wait until after 2.40 appt. All the best for you too.
All this has got me seriously thinking about retirement. I will be 58 in 6 months and not sure how much longer I can keep giving - I'm a nurse.
J

iamok

Hi J, I don't often post but follow the threads and often feel better for doing so. I would just like to say I know exactly what you are going through. I was dx 2 years 1 month ago chemotherapy, max, radiotherapy now on tamoxifen. Been back at work a year and can honestly say I have never felt better. Had a call back from mammogram for enlarged lymph node under my arm, good side, had ultrasound and DR not worried about node said it looked normal, I was so relieved, short lived though as when she checked the breast she found an area which looked different to last ultrasound and decided to do a core biopsy and needle biopsy from the lymph node just in case!
Needless to say my relief soon turned to tears, like you get results Tuesday, just won't sink in.
Thinking of you J hope you can manage to enjoy the BH weekend, I am going away for a few days with my OH and kids
Take care M

Guest user
Not applicable

Wishing u good luck and news J, cyber hugs and lots of love xxx

sheil

Better that than secondaries. I've got it on both sides but found at the same time, so hoping RT will mop up any still lurking.

dolphin1

Thanks.
If it is cancer it is a completely different primary, so it's starting from square one again.

sheil

Wishing you good news from me too. Must be horrible when you thought all the testing was over.
S

dolphin1

thanks Deb
Am hoping to get result in clinic on Tues - but bank holiday may delay for another week.

Midge

Hi J

Really sorry you are worrying again. I so hope it is nothing. Just want to send you a hug and bump this back up for others to see.

Debx

dolphin1

2 yrs on have I got to go thru' all this again?

First diagnosed 2009, WLE and radio. Now have just had core biopsy on other breast. Am terrified about hearing result and dreading it all starting again. So much for suffering two years of tamoxifen s/e!!
J