Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 CALENDAR - URGENT - PLEASE READ

39 REPLIES 39
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: 2008 CALENDAR - URGENT - PLEASE READ

Hi Olivia,
I would like to volunteer also but don't think you would be interested as I only had Lumpectomy/Lymph Node removal and I really don't look any different apart from my scar.

Norma

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry about that .

Love jools

Guest user
Not applicable

OLIVIA THAT WAS MEANT TO BE A PRIVATE MESSAGE SORRY XXXXXXXXXXXX

ForumMember

The more the merrier, please do apply for the calendar, we still need ladies that are wearing prosthesis to come forward, any age, shape or size, we are doing this for all ladies that have had any breast surgery for breast cancer, and benign breast too.

We would be collating as many photographs until around mid November, so any of your friends or family that have had breast cancer or non cancer mastectomy, treatments etc, contact us.
thanks

Guest user
Not applicable

hi Jools

see you on the other side then, lol

Tracey
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi olivia i am defo interested in your calander and would love to pose for it .

Love jools xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

im on there to so see you there
xx

ForumMember

HI Tracey - will register there, thanks Sarah x x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi there

Im not the contact but will be on the photo shoot. you will need to register on the Breakthrough site and in there "have a word forums" you will see the contact.

hope this doesnt land me in trouble for mentioning the other site but it is for a good cause and there's no way of emailing/giving personal details on this site.
xxx

ForumMember

Hi Tracey, I would like to be involved too if you still need volunteers. How do I contact you ?

Sarahx x

Guest user
Not applicable

Brenda - do you know of the other site????

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Tracey, Would be great to be involved - Puppydog - please get in touch or do I get in touch with you ? Turkey would be good - did you say they airbrush !!!!!

Brenda xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Brenda

im sure they will welcome you with open arms, age, weight, scars, no hair etc it doesnt matter, they want real women who have been/going through BC, Im sure Puppydog will be in touch.

Im quite a vain person but i really am proud of my big long scar across my tummy and will be proud to show it off on camera. Cant wait.

AslansMum - A shoot in Turkey sounds good to me, especially in january, would rather wear swimwear there.

Tracey
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi - I would be very interested in being included in this calender. Am I too old? 52 - more weight than I would like - put a stone on since chemo started. I have no hair now but I really like the way I look without it and would love to show it off.

Brenda xxx

olivia07

Holeybones - thank you for your input and I am really sorry to hear your Mother's unsympathetic remarks which must be most distressing for you. I can only endorse what puppydog1 has said above about the calendar we are working hard to put together for 2009. We had originally hoped to get this off the ground for 2008 which may well have caused the confusion.

I am well aware that wigs and mastectomy bras can give a false impression to the general public but equally aware that only we who have had breast cancer can truly understand how we feel inside. Best wishes Olivia

Guest user
Not applicable

For what it's worth - I think that the ladies who are prepared to model for the calendar are to be applauded. Just because someone has had surgery for breast cancer does not make them less attractive nor less desirable.

I recently had a reconstruction (taking fat etc from my lower abdomen), I hemmoraged a couple of days after the op and had to have further surgery which has left my stomach numb, bruised, battered and not attractive, in the convential sense. However, I view my scars etc that I am a survivor and I,m proud of it.

The calendar can show the general public at large that breast cancer is not necessarily a death warrant and that many ladies do go on to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.

I certainly shall be promoting it.

AslansMum

p.s Do they fancy doing a photoshoot in Turkey LOL

ForumMember

I am quite surprised at the negatives that have came onto this topic. I do hope that we can turn them into positives, and continue supporting and making our calendar one to be proud of.

With regards to Trevor Sorbie being easy to contact, Yes he was and so were ALL the other professionals, tv, radio, and companies that we approached to help us with the calendar, and I am pleased to say that Trevor and along with All the others, all said YES to helping us and it wasnt a problem for them to do either. So with all the support and with the charities head offices also helping us with the guidelines and making sure that we are all above board, Then we MUST be doing something right for all of this to be positive for us.....

There will be no airbrushing or digital enhancing of photographs, (like celebs or other calendars), as this calendar is forREAL women, of all shapes, sizes, and ages, and breast surgery (me with two breast prosthesis, and once I stick on my boobs, I can face the day, ), and hopefully once the calendar is done showing these ladies, everyone else that is in the same or similar position can also get the positiveness from it.

I do hope you we can get this topic back to being positive again, but any comments are all taken onboard and answered in a hopefully positive way, so that you continue supporting and helping us make this calendar fantastic.

ps,,, No one could better the original Calendar Girls Calendar for Leukemia Charity, but we are doing this for Breast Charities, and any further calendars for any other charities can only be a good thing as the more money we raise for much needed causes, the more support that we are able to get for ourselves and our partners and families, so please continue supporting .

thanks C xx

Guest user
Not applicable

I am sorry i was so curt Holey, but this is a chance for women to be pampered, to raise their self esteem, to give them confidence, i hope and pray i never go through what i've been through before, but i feel that taking part in this could actually help someone feel that they have achieved something worth achieving plus they can have a lot of fun into the making of the calander, and lets face it, anything that makes me smile now is a bonus!!!!!!!!

Alisonxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry meant to say it cant fix what has happened when we are diagnosed but it can help etc..

karen

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry but I was 36 when diagnosed now just turned 40 thought my whole body image would take a right battering which it has. My husband has just left me for my best friend so how low do I feel. I just want to show that with the right attitude and good swimwear and underwear your body can look great, it sends a positive message to those who are in the position that I was 3 and half years ago. It is a shame that your feel like that and surely any money that it raised full or half price is better than nothing and has given a women an insight that you can look good even after surgery recon etc and that cant be all bad surely? (oh and just for the record I dont want airbrushing and happy to show the world what I look like). I had a double mastectomy chemo radio etc and a crap prognosis.

I cant fix what has happened to you no I agree but it can help towards women looking forward to whatever future they have and realising that they can look good.

karen

Guest user
Not applicable

The famous WI alternative to the "girlie calendar" had originality,honesty and wit.

No other alternatives calendars will ever stand a chance to match its success.

There will be no honesty about the effects of the disease, because you proposing airbrushing out all body flaws and using prosthetics. You've assumed quite rightly, that probably few would want to look at serious damage.

Also, ironically, some of the least damaged bodies belong to those with the shortest life expectancy. At the end of my primary treatment, I had most of my hair (thanks to the cold cap) my breast surgery was almost invisible (small lump and very good surgeon) and I worked hard at getting fit and losing weight once it was over.

Even my own mother said to me after my primary treatment was over "Oh you didn't really have breast cancer - well, not bad like some people get it." I had been through chemotherapy, surgery and radiotherapy so it felt like real breast cancer to me! It is therefore likely that my mother is yet another person who equates body damage with disease severity. Funny how this disease which "wasn't bad like some people get it" is now killing me (I'm stage 4).

That's why I get angry at this kind of calendar and the BCC Fashion Show etc. because it reinforces an implied message that wigs and mastectomy bras can fix the worst that can possibly happen to you. Sorry is that "doom & gloom" again?

Guest user
Not applicable

and as for being exploited, well, i would find that nothing compared to being butchered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi that's a bit harsh Holey, its all for charity, Olivia is just trying to get it organised, , my goodness, so much negativity!!!!!!!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Holeybones

the calender is going to launched that september and will be a 2009 calender.

your really out of order, the money is going to Breast cancer and not for personal benefit. There is a lot of ladies that are happy to do this for a such a good cause, maybe you should add your name and try to help instead of sl*gging off a person/s hard work.

Tracey

Guest user
Not applicable

This totally defies belief!!! Does anyone really image that a 2008 calendar will be launched in January 2008? That's when calendars drop to half price because everyone has got one!

And for whose benefit is this fundraising? Nobody has asked.

Don't get in touch because at best it seems too disorganised to ever materialise and it would have stiff competition from calendars launched in good time. At worst, you might be exploited in some way. I really cannot understand why the Moderators have allowed this thread to continue as it breaches the terms & conditions regarding advertising and soliciting.

As Trevor Sorbie is supposedly involved, and if you are still not put off, check if he knows anything about it. He at least, is easy to contact!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi have just read your message r u still looking for ladies, I am just 40 a slim size 10 (well am now) have had double mastectomy with reconstruction and would love to take part, not sure how to email your direct and a bit thick when it comes to computers, just let me know.

karen

ForumMember

hello ladies,
just to say that we are still on track with the calendar for early next year, I have submitted a load of e-mails to the companies and professionals that are helping us, to say of the new schedule, and they are still onboard and are more than happy to do whatever it takes to do this. This is great, we have other companies now approaching us to also give us support so again this is fantastic.

I have heard through the grapevine, that there are 2 calendars coming out for 2008 (on sale end of this month for this one), for Breakthrough (the ladies were in Grazia magazine this month), and one for Cancer Research on a Calendar Girls theme type, but this one isnt yet confirmed. So we may have some competition and we need to make sure we are perfect, but it doesnt matter the more the merrier as the more money is raised for well deserved charities.

So I will keep you all uptodate via e-mail for some of you that have responded to me, but keep this site too. thanks for all your input and looking forward to it too.
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Kelly and fayjay

The ladies can be of any age, shape, size, and breast prosthesis or reconstruction, as long as they are happy to wear lingerie and swimwear, It is also fine if they have lymphodema, or any radiation burns, (the cellulite, and blemishes can easily be airbrushed so no problems). There is going to be professional make up and Trevor sorbie to do hair/wigs. If you go onto the other web site and register than it will be easier for the contact to email you.

hopefully see you soon.

love Tracey
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi

More info would be good.

Do they give you a make over? I dont have hair at the moment, as having chemo but hope to have by January.lol

ForumMember

Sorry didn't mean to take it for granted "I'm in" I meant I'm interested lol

Love K

ForumMember

Hi, more details please - do you have to be a certain age, do you all have to have had a mascectomy or is a WLE OK too? Do you have to have model looks? If WLE is OK and a little dumpy 50 year old I'm in!

Love K

clairemm

Hi there I am also really interested in doing the calender was diagnosed in September 05 aged 24 have had a mastectomy and recon.and all treatment going I will also pm u on the other site x x
Love clairemm

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies

im not the official contact and im sure she will reply but the calender is going to be done in January and i know they need more ladies as some have dropped out so im sure they will love that youve volunteered.

Hopefully see you January

Tracey
x

katey

I am interested to get involved in the calender. I'm 29 and was diagnosed when i was 27.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Olivia

I think I saw a message about the calendar just before the forums changed. I would be interested to get involved if you still need volunteers but have still not managed to work out how to private message - are there any instructions anywhere so that I can get in touch with you?

Sarah x

PS - can't email you on the breakthrough site as I can't access it whilst at work!

olivia07

Hi Suzanne - this is a calendar for 2008 to be modelled by BC sufferers to raise funds and we hope to launch it in October. We need your photo in the first instance so if you are interested please can you send me your email or phone TODAY in a private message on the other site as indicated above and I will give you the address of where to send it. Sorry its a bit complicated but we cannot exchange email or tel nos on this site. Hope to hear from you and thanks for your enquiry.

Guest user
Not applicable

Me too, did some modeling last year, will help if i can, will message you now

al xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Im game and have just emailed through other site.

Tracey
x

aroma

hi olivia i was just about to message the same as you hopefully we can pull this off and we do need all the people interested that we can hopefully meet up soon lynn (aroma) x

olivia07

2008 CALENDAR - URGENT - PLEASE READ

We urgently need more models to make this fund raising calendar possible. If you are interested please send me a private message BY RETURN. A tremendous amount of effort has been put into setting this up and it would be a real shame if it came to nothing. We need a head and shoulders or full length photo as soon as possible but since we cannot exchange email or telephone numbers in this forum perhaps you could also leave a private message for me on the other forum www.breakthrough.org.uk where my user name is skilegs. We really look forward to hearing from you.