I would agree with Chico.
Although for my dx chemo wasn't in the frame, if it had been and I was offered the oncotype test I would jump at it. There is a lot of discussion about over treatment of bc because there is not a lot of information about who would benefit from the various treatments so everything gets chucked at it but for a large proportion of women offered chemo/rads etc it has no or very little benefits but still has the side effects.
Just my opinion, good luck whatever you decide to do.
Whilst you wait for the other users to reply with their experiences you might find it helpful to talk things through with a member of staff on the helpline. Here you can talk through your options with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information. The number to call 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.
Best wishes Sam, Facilitator
Hello, my news after my second surgery was good. 21 out of 23 nodes clear and now all tumour margins are clear. so I was really happy. I have now been offered the chance to take part in a research study involving using Oncotype dx to determine whether I would benefit from chemotherapy. I have until Friday to decide. I could skip the test and just opt forchemo or take part in test and know more about my future chances and maybe avoid chemo. I really dont know what to do. Does anyone have any advce or experiences to share? Frances