Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21 today :)

47 REPLIES 47
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: 21 today :)

Don't come on here much these days, but WONDERFUL to know your reaching another milestone Dawn.Wonderful that you have been such an encouragement to so many people. Really do admire your courage in the way you have faced so many treatments.
Hope your enjoying your grandchild.

Ruthx

I`m so pleased for you Dawn.
You are a reason why we all need to be vigilant and grab every opportunity for review and treatment - it can work ( which is something i personally struggle with )
Congratulations - and keep going - we all need to know about someone like you .

Guest user
Not applicable

21 years wow.now that is hope for us all. well done you good luck xx ps any one beat that? x

Guest user
Not applicable

Fantastic Dawn
21 years wow. I am nearly 70 and going for my second chemo tomorrow.
I hear news like yours and cherub who says her aunt lived 35 years post BC until she was 82. It makes me feel so much better about things.I Don't expect to go for another 21 years, but who knows, all things are possible.

21 years is superb. I had an aunt who lived for about 35 years post BC - she passed away of old age when she was 82 and led a very full life until she was 80. She did not allow BC to stop her and was the cheeriest person I've ever known.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Dawn
Congratulations - you and me both!!!

I too celebrate 21 years - I was 33 when I was first diagnosed and am happy to have reached the grand 'old' age of 54!!

Like you I am just so happy to have seen my son and daughter grow up into fine young adults.

It's been a rocky road but looking forward to a great future and wish you all the best for yours.

Anne xx

WOW Dawn - Congratulations and thank you for giving us hope too. xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Dawn,

Thanks so much for your post it means so much - and i guess you know that! Love and hugs to you and many more anniversaries.
x

Guest user
Not applicable

That's fantastic Dawn.

I hope you have many years to come to enjoy your family. Life is for living and enjoy it.

Mal x

Guest user
Not applicable

Fantastic achievement Dawn, so very pleased for you and the fact you have shared your news with us all, heres to the many many years to comex

Inspirational as usual. Here's to the next 21 years!.

Hi Dawn!

Thanks for posting this - it gives hope to us all. You are a very valued member of the BCC community! Fond regards,

Sarah x

Guest user
Not applicable

Dawn you're a star!

May you continue to celebrate more anniversaries with your friends and family and know that every day is a special one.
I do so admire your spirit and your calm manner.
You are a beacon for so many of us...
It's wonderful to have met you here on this site.

Wx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dawn!! How very very very wonderful, fantastic and brilliant!! I am proud to know you in cyber space. THANKYOU v much for your posting on the Birthdays thread, it really helped. I had a fantastic day. The best birthday ever!!!!

Sadie Xx Xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dawn, you are such a star - always supportive and an absolute mine of information - and never in a way that undermines.
Congratulations on getting to 21 years of this with your grace and humour intact. As a 14 year girl, I can only aspire to that
with love, mon xxx

Many congratulations, Dawn. You have been a support and inspiration to many of us on here and long may you continue to be!
Eliza xx

Dawn you are amazing and inspiring, wishing you many more years.xx

Hi Dawn,

Thank you for such an inspirational post and congratulations on your anniversary.

I wish you well, with many more happy times to come,

Denise x

Dawn so very pleased at your anniversary. Congratulations.Am so very pleased for you.Yours were one of the 1st posts I saw when I came on to the forums early last year and I have always looked out for your posts Jxx

Hi Dawn,

Congratulations, absolutely amazing, I know it hasn't always been easy but as you say all the milestones you have reached, so very pleased for you, and many more to come.

Love
Marina xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Truly wonderful.

Thank you for sharing this with us and for all your words of support on this forum.

Love
Linda
x

Many many congratulations Dawn. So happy to read your post and celebrate with you on your 21 years. I follow your postings and you are such an inspiration to a lot of us.

Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Dawn,

Congratulations. As others have said you are a real inspiration and are always supportive of others on this site. I am approaching my 3 year anniversary.

Alex

Well done Dawn, I follow your postings too, since joining the forums again in 2010, you have been a real inspiration. I do hope the next 21 years will bring many more wonderful moments to you and your loved ones.
Hugs Maria

Dawn, Many congratulations to you, you certainly have been an inspiration on bcc, so from one of the many that you have given good and encouraging advice to, l Thank you for all your encouragement
Keep Well
Love and Hugs
Sandra xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dawn I always look for your posts and it makes me feel uplifted that despite the hard times you have had over the past 21 years you continue to share your experiences and advice.

XX

Gives a warm glow to somebody who's in year one! Thanks and much happines.

S

Congratulations Dawn, what a wonderful post. Very best wishes to you for the next 21 years xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Brilliant news Dawn, hope it continues, very inspiring, junieliz x

Thank you and Congratulations Dawn- it was lovely to read your post.
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Congratulations Dawn, you have been a great help and inspiration to us all. It says a lot about your spirit and positivity that you are reporting the anniversary as an achievement (and it is certainly that) rather than remembering an awful date (which it undoubtably was)negatively.

Thanks for all your support over the years xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dawn
Fantastic news and thank you for sharing it. Here's to next 21!! enjoy.
Terri x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Dawn what a lovely post sure gives hope to us all Congratulations & may you celebrate many many more anniversaries

Much love
Mekala x

I am so pleased for you Dawn. I found my lump on Feb 2 2007, so I am exactly 4 1/2 years on today - which is very little compared with 21 years!

I hope you continue to thrive for another 21 years at least.

Yay - what a lovely thing to post. I've had a grotty few days and it really cheered me up to read this. 🙂

Congratulations and wishing you many more anniversaries to come!

Nymeria x

Congratulations Dawn - what a terrific milestone! I am so pleased for you and for the hope it brings to those just starting on this horrid journey. Have a wonderful day and lots lot more
Caroline x

JulieD
Community Champion

Thanks for posting that great news! Hope you celebrate and have a good time,have a drink for me! Like Liz I always follow you and your news being a bone mets woman myself -here's hoping we'll all be celebrating your 25th (& more)!
love Julie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Congrats Dawn, I'll be chinking a glass of something chilled and fizzy to you later - what a lovely uplifting post, it will keep me smiling all day.
Bev x

Happy anniversary, Dawn, you are a constant inspiration to so many people, as you post gentle encouragement and give hope wherever it is needed
Lavender xxx

Congratulations Dawn - absolutely fantastic!!! You know you are one of my inspirations on here from the first time you added to my bone mets posting.

Here's to many, many more anniversaries for us all

Liz x

What a lovely post to read Dawn, here's to many many more years to come!
Jo
X

Guest user
Not applicable

Wonderful news Dawn and a real reason to celebrate - you have always shared so much with us that it's lovely to share this news too!
All best wishes
Fran
x

nicky08
Community Champion

Congratulations Dawn 🙂 Hope you are having a little celebration that you have reached such a landmark date. As the others have said you are a real inspiration and always have a kind, considered word for everyone who you write or reply to. When I joined the 'exclusive' secondaries group in 2008 you were one of the many mets ladies who helped me realise that my world didn't necessarily have to end right then! Long may all of our inspiring stories continue 🙂
Nicky xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dawn - Thanx for that wee story , omg it gives us all so much hope as the tretment has advanced as well so prognosis is even better, I start Tax today after 4 fec and was a bot down , you have bucked me up

x

Dawn you know my story and why I am SO VERY HAPPY for you especially today, you have become a becon of hope for us... all and long my your light shine!

Much love to you
Jeanette XXXXXXX

Dawn your story is such an inspiration to each and every one of us on here, youve been through so much over the yrs yet have always still managed to give everyone on the forums so much support and help and hope, I have always looked out for your posts since i first joined the forums back in 2007 because you are such a lovely lady.Im so glad youve been kicking BCs ass for 21yrs and long may you continue to do so for many many more yrs to come!

Big Hugs to you Dawn.
Linda xx

Dawn

What a wonderful thing to read tonight. I was diagnosed in May of this year and the hope you have given me today to possibly reach the age of 76 and post a similar message to others that follow me on this brutal path of cancer is wonderful.

I do believe that cancer will become a disease similar to diabetes and will be "controlled" rather than cured.

Thank you for your message of hope!

Debbie
xx

21 today :)

Amazing isn't it - but today (21 years ago) August 2nd 1990 I went to my GP for her to check out 'things' related to being on HRT (6mth checks etc) and she found this 'mass' and asked if I had realised it was there and was it why I had come. I certainly wasn't aware of it. If anyone had told me then that I would still be alive today and posting this I would have been amazed - well after all the internet wasn't around was it?

I got to celebrate so many anniversaries in those years I never expected to. Wonderful ones like our 40th Ruby wedding anniversary, my 50th birthday, 60th birthday.... Seeing our children graduate, the birth of our first grandchild.

I won't pretend it has been easy going because I have had many treatments & surgeries for recurrences along with a secondary diagnosis in 2002 but there has been much to looking forward to and enjoy in those years and I hope there is still more to come.

Dawn
xx