22 worried sick

Hi everyone I’m new to this site but I can’t believe how supportive you all are I’ve been reading for a few days :slight_smile:
I’m 22 and I have a breast lump, I had a infection in my mongomery gland and had antibiotics the gp said it wasn’t a lump just a gland due to the infection so 3 weeks after finishing meds I went back on Wednesday and saw a different nurse practitioner she agreed she could also feel the lump and it wasn’t a gland at al, so she has refered me to the breast clinic, I am absolutely petrified, she said it was a bean size slightly mobile and firm, and to me it’s very tender like breast pain from a period/pregnancy ECt she said it could be a cyst or a breast mouse or the dreaded C, or my hormones as when I had my baby 8 months ago I suffered with PND and anxiety and was really ill, especially when I fell pregnant again straight away and had a early termination as I was terribly depressed and not myself it was best for me to have medication and get myself better, for me it was the right choice so after the termination I had the depo shot which lasts 3 months and I bled terribly the whole time I then got the pop pill and that didn’t help the bleeding so she said it could be that

I am feeling so much better now and enjoying every moment with my LO and am very happy, so I really don’t need something to worry about :frowning: doesn’t help my anxiety problems
I also just had a biopsy of my thyroid to rule out cancer which was clear just have to go back for a biopsy every 6 months for another to check any changes,

Long story I guess just thought I would tell all, and any advice x

Hi Shannon, welcome to the BCC forums
In addition to the support you will soon have here please feel free to call our helpliners to talk your concerns over, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

The following link will take you to the ‘Worried about breast cancer’ section where you will find a link to a publication about attending a breast clinic appointment which you may find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/worried?utm_source=promo_content&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Butm_campaign=worried

Take care
Lucy BCC