23 with 2 children and 12 weeks pregnant really worried

Hi there im 23 with two daughter’s 5 and 4 yrs my 4 yr old is severely disabled and im 12 weeks pregnant with our 3 rd child but around 6 weeks ago I noticed a change in.my left breast ideas please. My symptoms are sharp pains lasting a few seconds and really tough skin around my nipple with dimpling and puckering I went drs and been referred as urgent to the breast clinic im.goin mad with worry. If I lie on.my side for a period of time, then if I turn onto my back my breast looks deformed it goes misshapen and it looks as though a lot of tissue is collected behind my nipple. But if I stand after a few minutes it can look ok again but the nipple is still alot thicker than the other. Has anyone else experienced this? Please help

Hi

I am so sorry that you are having these symptoms and can understand that they are causing you concern. I have not had anything similar but wanted to say that you are doing exactly the right thing. The breast clinic will check everything out and will get to the bottom of whatever is causing these issues.

Take care and  I hope it all goes well.

Mary

Hi there Mum_2_beauts, welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support so you may wish to call to talk your concerns over, Lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Here’s a link to the BCC ‘Worried about breast cancer’ section, it contains a link to the publication ‘Your breast clinic appointment’ which you may find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/worried

Take care
Lucy BCC

Thankyou I have just received my appointment for the breast clinic it’s on Tuesday just pray it isn’t serious as don’t think I could cope xx

Yes my husband is coming wAs really hoping someone would put my mind at rest . I’m absolutely terrified of it being cancer! Really sorry to hear about ur mum x

Hi

Good luck Tuesday.  I found I was at the clinic a lot longer than I expected.  I got sent for mamogram & ultrasound, then back to see the nurse again.  Lots of time hanging around waiting to be seen by different people.  Try to stop negative thoughts running wild - easier said than done I know

Hi appointment went well as they have said it’s due to pregnancy but it looked fine when I went and felt Dr wasnt interested when I showed pics I understand the effects of pregnancy I have two children I have never seen this before but scan was clear so I must trust they know what they are on about but thanks all xd