Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

23 with family history?

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_BCC

Re: 23 with family history?

Hi MissPinks

As well as the good and advice and support you recieve here we also have a helpline where you can talk things through with a member of staff will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information. 

The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

FurryBoots

Re: 23 with family history?

Hi Philippa,

Please make an appointment with your GP ASAP. Don't take any chances with your breasts  and cancer. Likely it's noting, but there is always a chance of cancer. Although extremely rare it's not unheard of at your age. I was 40 when diagnosed. I  couldn't feel a lump, just a slight thickening under my boob and by boob had lifted slightly.  Due to your young age they'll give you an ultrasound rather than a mamorgram. Make sure you mention your family history too.

FB x

Guest user
Not applicable

23 with family history?

So yes I am 23 a mother of 2 children (4 and soon to be  2), my grandmother on my Dad's side died from the disease in her 30's and left my Aunty when she was just 4. So all siblings on my dad's side d decided to not have children my dad is the only one who has.

My Aunty went for a test when I was little and her risk was high. This a little background to my genetics.

So the past few months my right breast has been tender and heavy along the side leading from armpit downward. It feels lumpy but not a lump (after breast feeding  2 children the skin is quite loose to try and feel deeply) until when I massage a specific place it is quite painful. When I knock it or  when one of the children or partner hold me to tight. I also feel it has lifted alittle, compared to my left which has always been the perkiest since having children.

After touching I can still feel the heaviness linger and even now my breast feels tender.

My partner is worried after his Mom's diagnosise and has pestered me on end to get it checked out, I just want to hear opinions first??

Philippa Heart