25 and scared

Hi!

I’ve been having left sided breast pain for around 7 months now. I went to my gp 3 times and in August I was told she could refer me but it would probably be wasting my time as I had none of the ‘main’ symptoms of BC. I felt a bit stupid so I said i would leave it. I wish I hadnt now as I still have the pain and after going to another doctor this morning she said she could feel a thickening in my left breast and would refer me. I’m now waiting for my letter and am so worried. I’m only 25 and now have upper back pain on the left side and have convinced myself its because of BC. The doctor I saw today (who is lovely) said it could be fibrocystic tissue but obviously couldnt be sure. Ive made the mistake of reading up on BC and have read that just a mammogram cant detect it a lot of the time. How do I make sure I get taken seriously and have all the tests to determine what is going on?? Ive read some people on here saying they were told after a mammogram ‘its most likely nothing’! I want to be 100% sure what is going on! I wish I could have all this sorted before Christmas because im going to worry til I get my results :frowning: Any words of wisdom or knowledge at all would be great

Thanks x

Hi rads25 and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sorry to read that you have this worry, along with the support you will find here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support for you. Lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Kess, no I haven’t had my appt date through yet. When my gp looked on the system it said none available in the next 2 weeks so she’s getting in touch with them. The pain I’m having isn’t awful but just comes now and again so one minute I’m fine and the next I’m worrying. If nothing is seen on the US do you know if there’s anything else they can do to investigate my symptoms? Thanks for replying x

Hi Rads25

I’m currently in the same situation as you, twinges of pain that comes and goes on my left side. After two weeks of waiting, my appointment is finally tomorrow. It’s impossible not to worry whilst you are waiting. My gp did say that she was referring me because it was normal procedure and it was best to check it out properly, and not because she thought something was terribly wrong. I have still worried myself sick for two whole weeks! Dr google has played a big part in my worries, I REALLY wish I hadn’t been reading so much online! I hope you get your appointment sorted quickly and wish you lots of luck.

Louloum
Xx