Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25 and terrified

3 REPLIES 3
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: 25 and terrified

I had a very rude doctor experience as well, after I requested surgery to remove my four fibroadenomas she started filling out the paperwork without even trying to explain anything to me, then I dared to ask about what kind of surgery it would be (how long etc) she was really snippy and rude, I was alone and had just finished emotionally explaining my mothers BC, needless to say I spent the entire journey home crying, so I get where you're coming from
I'm really surprised they aren't being more proactive about removing it, I thought standard practice was anything over 3cm was removed. Go back and don't be afraid to make a fuss, you are the one who has to live with the pain and worry.
I really hope it goes well for you xxx

Hi Claire,
The waiting is the worst part of it. Your mind goes into overdrive thinking about what the problem might be. I'm sure the doctors would act swiftly if they thought there was a chance of it being cancer. Most lumps found it the breast are nothing to worry about but it does seem harsh to offer no treatment if you are in pain. I found while I was waiting for my biopsy results, everyone goes through the same worries regardless of whether their lump is benign or cancerous.
If you are not happy with your treatment it might be advisable to have a word with your GP to see if you can get a second opinion. Do you work with any doctors you can chat to? They might be able to put your mind at rest about what the lump could be. Even if it isn't their field they must have studied it sometime in the past.
I have found some of the doctors I have come across to be unsympathetic. I think they deal with the physical side of the problem and don't seem to have any handle on the emotional side of having breast cancer. It's taken me months to establish a good relationship with my oncologist. Appointments are very short and it was a while before I felt he even rembered who I was.
Hopefully you will have a positive outcome with the biopsy. In the meantime go out and celebrate at New Year, keep yourself occupied and try to stop worrying.
All the best Calyco xxx

Hi Claire

I am sorry to read about your upsetting experiences, please feel free to call our helpliners and talk this over with one of our team, lines are open again tomorrow 9-2 and then as normal from Wednesday 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

Take care

Lucy

Guest user
Not applicable

25 and terrified

I'm 25 years old. No hx of breast cancer within immediate family.
Found a small 1.5 x 3cm lump in september and went to GP who referred me to breast clinic, never heard back from them, fortunate enough to have savings i was able to afford an ultrasound at bupa who suggested a fibroadonema but would need biopsy to confirm, which I could not afford.
waited 3 months now and finally got a letter from the local nhs hospital, I was seen yesterday for approximately 5 minutes by possibly the rudest doctor I have ever met (nurse by trade so have met my fair share of doctors but never experienced such coldness and they just sighed every time I asked a question) who has now said they might not even remove it, the lump now stands at a quite large 5cm x 10cm and I am small chested anyway and its causing me a great deal of pain, I can't do any exercise at the moment and I'm getting minimal sleep due to shooting pains in the night.
I am worried that its grown so much so quickly. I am worried it might be something else. I am having a biopsy in 3 weeks and I'm just so terrified.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?
i am trying to be rational about the whole experience but I've waited 4 months to sort this and the service I have recieved has left me devastated about future treatment.