25 years old, found lump, strong family history and very worried

Hi all!

Right now I don’t know what to do or think and going out of my mind with worry.

I am 25 years old and I found a lump in my right breast. I seen my GP and she confirmed there is a lump which is 4cm and mobile. She has referred me to the breast clinic which I am currently awaiting a phonecall for an appointment.

There is strong family history of cancer in both sides with the latest one being my half sister who is currently in remission (thankfully). She was 30 when diagnosed which BC and under went surgery, chemo and radio. She was tested for the genetics gene and it was confirmed she has the BRCA 2 gene. At present my father is awaiting his appointment to test for this gene.

I have a beautiful 5 year old daughter and right now all I can think about is her and what if!

Thought I would post to see if anyone else can relate and guide me.

Thank you all xx

Ah thats alot of worry on such young shoulders , i am 43 and thats considered young,dont centre on the worst just try to take the infomation you are given at your own pace and deal with it bit by bit ,my gene testing is booked for 10th nov ,i was diagnosed with my existing bc only a month ago ,so it can take time for the genetic testing to happen so try not to think about that now( believe me its hard i know )i have a 9 and 14 yr old x

Hi xmama2onex

Emily here from Someone Like Me at Breast Cancer Care. 

I just wanted to let you know that we have telephone volunteers in their 20s and 30s who have had breast cancer or BRCA diagnosis and finished their treatment. They’re really willing to speak to people who are in a similar to position because they know what it’s like to feel worried themselves.

If you’d like to speak one of them, then you can send us your contact details through the BCC link below and we’ll get in touch to arrange a volunteer to call you.  

breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/support-you/someone-talk/someone-me/someone-me-telephone-support

Or if you want to email one of the volunteers directly, you can find their profiles and email addresses here: www.breastcancercare.org.uk/slm. Serena was 23 when she was diagnosed with the BRCA2 gene. 

Hope this helps

Emily x