Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

27 weekly treatments of Paclitaxel

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: 27 weekly treatments of Paclitaxel

Hi ladies
I have just seen this post and thought I would mention the secondaries part of this forum as you both seem to have mets. We are a very friendly bunch on there and do understand what a secondary diagnosis means as well as the impact that longer term chemotherapy or other treatments have on you. Many of us, including myself, have been living with mets for a number of years and some have also had the 'double whammy' diagnosis of primary AND secondary BC at the same time. This means that someone will be able to help you with any questions you have about your treatments and also support you when you need it. I'm currently on my third chemotherapy having had FEC in 2008 then a long break until having oral chemotherapy last year and now on Docetaxol. The most frequented threads are the bone mets, whether we have bone mets or not, or liver mets ones in the living with secondary breast cancer section.
If you want to have a look please do so and feel free to join in with us, we do have a laugh as well as discuss the more horrible aspects of secondary BC.
Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi Kavir
To be honest the biggest side effect I have had is weakness and fatigue. Because the main tumour was in my liver they had to reduce the dose tend gave me as they said my liver wouldn't have handled it. I have missed 3 treatments one because of a high temperature and two because I have had bad nail infections and was on antibiotics. My nails came away form my nail bed and I went out in the garden to deadhead flowers (oops)! I must admit I will be glad to,get the break its tiring going up twice a week once e for bloods and then treatment. Are you getting side effects with it. X x

Hi there,

I was diagonsed in august and have so far had 9 weekly sessions of paclitaxel with alternate week of Avastin. Another 9 sessions have been set up - similar situation to yours in that my cancer was in lymph nodes and neck and liver. I have not had any surgery yet as cancer was so aggressive that they need to contain it first before operating. I am having scans next week to establish whether this weekly regime has had any effect or not. How are your side effects after 27 sessions?

Highlighted

Hi Brave-beatch and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support and shared experiences you will find here, our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support for you, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

Here's a link to further secondary support ideas from BCC including our secondary live chat which is held Tuesday evenings 8.30-9.30, you can read more about this via the link, I hope you will find this helpful :

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/secondaries

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/someone-talk/live-chat

Take care
Lucy BCC

Highlighted

27 weekly treatments of Paclitaxel

I have had my 26th treatment of 27 weekly ones. Has anybody else had this treatment on a weekly basis for this length of time and did they feel it was a benefit. Was diagnosed with secondary Breast cancer metastisised to lymph nodes, breast, lung and mainly liver. There has been talk of moving onto a hormone treatment or even oral chemotherapy after wards. Tumours have responded to chemo thus far. Also on 3 weekly herceptin. After primary diagnosis I. February 2011 I had surgery, chemo, Herceptin and radiotherapy followed by tamoxifen for 5 years beginning 2012. This didn't work and was rediagnosed in April this year. Interested to hear anyone who's had a similar journey to myself. Thanks x x