27 year old newbie!

Hi all,

I’m 27 and I’ve been dignosed with grade 3 invasive breast cancer. Initially it was thought to be  DCIS, but after having a full mastectomy and LD  flap reconstruction on my right breast to remove  the cyst the cells were in, the pathology results came back with the ‘dreaded’ news.

Since then I have recovered well post-surgery and have just gone through fertility treatment to freeze my eggs. I start my first round of FEC chemo tomorrow.

It would be great to speak  to anyone who has been through  the same path, especially someone around my own age; as yet I haven’t met anyone near it.

Best wishes and good luck!

K x

Hi Kitty, all the best with tomorrow. i dont know all the ages of the October Optimists group, but you will find us going through our first fecs and our experiences. On the going through treatment bit. Hope it helps. X

Hi Kitty and welcome to the BCC forums
I am sure you will continue to receive lots of support here and our helpliners are on hand 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays with practical and emotional support so please feel free to call with any concerns or queries on 0808 800 6000

The following link will take you to the BCC 'Younger women’s information pages, here you will find information about treatments and further support ideas such as our 'Younger women’s ’ support forums whereby you can meet others in a similar situation:

breastcancercare.org.uk/younger-women

Here’s also the link to the ‘October optimists’ thread as kindly mentioned by Biddlybee:

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/October-Optimists-2013/td-p/771640

Take care
Lucy BCC

I’ve been diagnosed with invasive ducal grade 3 I have lumpectomy on wed 16 th then I have my results the week after to see if I need more surgery then a long spell of chemo hoping that my results are good news I’m 35 yrs old with 3 kiddies x

Hi there.  I was 29 when I was diagnosed with aggressive non-hormonal breast cancer in Jan 2005. I am now fit and healthy and turned 38 in October this year, even though us under 30’s (when diagnosed) are told it will be a rough ride.  My sister was diagnosed at age 37, just six months after my diagnosis, and sadly passed away, but her breast cancer was more advanced and had spread via her lymph nodes to her brain and bones.  I am living proof you can kick its ass so don’t ever doubt that you will!!!  Eight years free now and don’t think about it whatsoever.  I had a lumpectomy, followed by 6 cycles of FEC chemotherapy, then daily radiotherapy concluding in November 2005. I lost all my hair and was pale and chubby for a year!  I had Zoladex implant to temporarily shut down my ovaries, and when my treatment finished, my periods came back within four weeks of the Zoladex implant wearing off.  I hope you too beat this, love and strength to you, God Bless…  :slight_smile:

And now I am pregnant! Hope, Newbie, that this gives you reassurance that you can go on to fulfil your dreams well beyond cancer. God bless, hope you are well. :slight_smile: