67.9K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

28 year old mom of three.... Nervous... Confused....

1 REPLY 1
Jo_BCC

Re: 28 year old mom of three.... Nervous... Confused....

Hi Lynn

Sorry you haven't had any replies to your post as yet, but hopefully someone will now see it.  In the meantime you are more than welcome to give our helpline team a call and have a chat with them if you so wish.  Lines open at 9am today through to 5pm (weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays)

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

lynn2552

28 year old mom of three.... Nervous... Confused....

I went to the doc for pain she sent me to have a diagnostic mamogram, the had me do a ultrasound where three masses where found. I then got two of the larger masses (desperate breast) biopsed. So I got my pathology report ( no doctor call yet) and was wondering if anyone knew kindof what it means??

Both breast:

1. Fibroepithelial proliferation, most consistent with fibrodenoma. See comment

2. Fibrocystic changes with mild to moderate intraductal hyperplasia and focal sclerosing adenosis.

3. Significant atypia or malignacy is not identified

Surf path comment:

Both specimens A and B show fibroepithelial proliferations with histologic features that, in my opinion, appear most consistent with benign fibrodenoma. However, the edges of these proliferation are not particularly well sampled by this biopsy procedure. Therefore, excision of the entire lesion is recommended for full evaluation, and to exclude a low-grade Phyllodes tumor.

Microscopic description:

A and B. Microscopic sections of specimens show similar histologic features and these are described together. Each specimen consists of needle core biopses of breast tissues. Each of these specimens shows involvement by a fibroepithelial proliferation. Where seen, the edges of this proliferation appear smooth and pushing and lack an infiltrative appearance. However, the edges are not particularly well sampled by the biopsy procedure. Within the limits of these needles core biopsies, no broad, leaf-like, process are present. The epithelial component shows areas of promonient intrductal hyperplasia, although significant epithelial atypia or malignancy is not identified. The surrounding stroma is not particularly hypercelluar, nor is perdiductal condensation seen. Stroma cells lacks significant atypia or increased mitotic activity. Surrounding breast tissues otherwise show fibrosystic changes, with mild to moderate proliferation activity, including mild to moderate intraductal hyperplasia and focal sclerosing adenosis. Significant calcification a are not identifed in either specimen.