2cm Palpable lump in breast, tiny dimple, US clear, should i insist on Biopsy, 33 years old.

Not sure where to got from here to be honest, i know i should trust their judgement, but it’s just the uncertainty of it all.  The surgen felt the lump and agreed that i would probably need a FNA after the ultrasound to sort me out, but when the ultrasound showed nothing, he said it was all clear and due to my age and no previous history of BC that i know of (i don’t know my dad’s family’s medical history) that it’s probably just fatty tissue.

My issue is that the lump has been there for over a year, i’ve not been pregnant in that time and in the last 3/4 months is has been growing and has been starting to get uncomfortable, not exactly painful, but i am more aware of it when my arms are in certain positions etc, it is also cause a tiny dimple, pulling at the skin, so there is definately something there, should i insist on a biopsy?

would benign lumps cause the dimpling and surely these would show up one way or another on US?

I have two kids and the last time i felt this fearful was when i had a miscarriage, i had no reason to believe that anything was wrong, i just freaked…and low and behold a few days later it was confirmed, but i knew all along…i have this same feeling.

sorry for rambling, i’m just at my wits end.  i should note that i have private medical insurance, so was fast tracked through a private clinic, and was told i was authorised for US/Mam/Biopsy/MRI etc, so they obviously know the normal diagnosics required, just not sure if i can ask for these to be done, or it needs to be requested by the surgey, he was very late with his surgery as the mammogram was broken and i was the last patient, so also felt i was holding people back from their evening, and a bit fobbed off.

thanks

Trudy

Hi Tweedy and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support and shared experiences from your fellow users here, please feel free to call our helpliners to talk your concerns over, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Best wishes
Lucy BCC

Hi Tweedy.

I have to agree you need to go back and find out what this lump is.

it’s easy for the surgeon to say it’s nothing to worry about but that means he thinks it’s not cancer, and that’s great but you need to know what it is.  

Your age and family history mean very little, there are always exceptions. There is no bc in my family, but I have it. When I was younger my friend at the time had it at 32.

you are still worrying so a quick biopsy will give you peace of mind. Your insurance will pay so where’s the problem.   If you don’t you will just continue to worry and I suspect poke and prod the site until you’re black and blue. 

I would insist on the test, but I have found I won’t be fobbed off any more.  

Let us know how you get on.

take care

Keeks

Hello Tweedy!

Peace of mind can not be OVERSTATED! You say you’re @ your wits end! Of course it’s your choice but I agree with the others … insist on a biopsy! What a Blessing to not have to deal with any insurance issues!
Keeping you in my thoughts & wishing you a peaceful resolution.