2nd Primary or Secondary from original

Hi all, I’m back here again after just short of 3 years! Last time I was diagnosed with her2 positive BC that had spread to 2 lymph nodes. Had a double mastectomy and implant recon, Chemo, herceptin and radiotherapy. My lump was 43mm (2 in total). I’m back again having vein diagnosed with a new lump in my other breast that is 3mm (size of a grain of rice) and am waiting the results of my body CT scan to see if it’s elsewhere. They don’t know what it’s feeding off yet as the biopsy area was so small they could only tell me the lump is made up of numerous cells so they need to take it out and test it fully. Feeling shocked and so angry. Has anyone any experience of this? Think I will need Chemo again. I’m hoping I don’t have a gene mutation and this will be my life going forward! I haven’t got BRCA1 and don’t have cancer in my family. Thanks all x

Hi Mish, I don’t personally have experience of this but didn’t want to read and run. 

What rotten luck to have it again , I believe HER2 cancers do have a slightly higher chance or reacurrance in the other breast but it could be a totally different primary , with a double mastectomy you have done all you could to help prevent this happening so I can imagine your anger right now! Xx Jo 

Oh Mich, I’m so sorry to hear all of that. Things haven’t been dealt out very fairly for you, have they. Not surprised you’re shocked. Tell that Uncle Ben rice lump to bu**er off. No sorry I haven’t experienced or heard of it either, lovey. 

Hope you get some similarly experienced posts replies.

Please keep us in touch and up to date with how things are progressing, will you.

Wishing you strength and sending you love

Dellywelly xxxx