1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd opinion request on their diagnosis?

4 REPLIES 4
Lola65

Re: 2nd opinion request on their diagnosis?

Hi Jen,

If I were you I would certainly go for a second opinion. You know yourself this is the best thing to do - and you don't want any regrets further down the line. It's obviously on your mind and causing distress or you wouldn't have posted this thread. Go for it girl!

I have bursitis, (with mild early arthritis of the hip), or at least that's what I have been told. This has been going on for a few years, long before my BC dx. I have pains in my pelvic groin area spreading down my leg, which sometimes makes it difficult to walk for more than 20 minutes. It can be diagnosed quite easily by X-ray and I was told by the physios that with the right exercises it would disappear on its own within 12 months. It hasn't!

Linda xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Valia, I am not surprised you felt angry with your team because the bone mets weren't picked up. Thankyou for your post - I know I've felt anger over the way my case has gone, and it's partly because as a patient you have to put your trust in your team to make the right decisions. If you felt they made a 'wrong call' it's awful, because you lose your faith in them.
I know bone mets can be difficult sometimes to diagnose - but if there are uncertainties with your own particular d/g, it's hard to deal with at times.
All the best, Jen xx
valkeh

Hi Jenanne,
I didn't ask for second opinion but kind of regret it... I have been misdiagnosed to start with. I had a lession in my spine that was given as trauma. After i finished with chemo/ op/ rads and had my 1st all clear apoinntment ( a year after my initial diagnosis) my back apin came back and exploring it with my GP found out it was met and then I had many more in differnt bones... It was a shock and despair... I was annoyed with my team as they knew I had some back pain and also never thought to investigate the spine finding more... Oh well it is all history ow. I am still here and still fighting
Valia
x
Lucy_BCC

Hi Jenanne

In addiition to the replies you will soon have here please feel free to call our helpline to talk this through on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

Take care

Lucy

Guest user
Not applicable

2nd opinion request on their diagnosis?

I would appreciate comments from anyone who asked for a second opinion re. their diagnosis. I am seeing my GP about this on Friday.
Please click on my avatar pic. for my situation.
Jen