Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd radiotherapy session

6 REPLIES 6
Dellan

Re: 2nd radiotherapy session

Hiya,

I've found it okay to drive too although like you I'm finding it more and more tiring as the days go on. Hope you're feeling okay and getting plenty of rest. X
Dellan

Hi Emma,

Just finished number 10 and noticed I'd got some open sores under my breast, so they've advised to not put the cream there and also given me some dressings. Still feeling quite good in myself. Driving has been okay but yes I'm starting to feel more and more tired as the days go on. Have my appt with the gene dept and plastic surgeon next week to discuss a mastectomy in the other breast. When I had my reoccurrence in this one following a mastectomy they thought it wise to test me and unfortunatly it showed I did have the gene. I also have an 18 year old daughter who they want to test.

Glad to here you've been okay on the tamoxifen. I've got to start that too after radio has finished. Hope you're still keeping well.

Dee x
2013jlw

Hi, I have just had my 9 the out of 17 session. I drive to and from, but get extremely tired as the week progresses. Take care. We are all different, so only drive if you feel safe.
whiskers2013

Hi Dee, yes I finished all my hospital based treatment in January and am now on Tamoxifen which so far fingers crossed hasn't been too bad. The soreness for me peaked at about day 10 and stayed like that til around 5 days after it finished. It wasn't unbearable and I managed to work all the way through it but I must say going bra less at home was so much more comfortable and I think helped with the healing process.

Hope the rest of your treatment goes well, let me know how you get on 

Emma 🙂

Dellan

Hi Emma, thank you for replying.

I'm on number 7 now and it's started to feel a little sore today. I've been applying the cream so hoping it won't get worse.

Have you finished all your treatment now? Hope you're feeling okay.

Dee
whiskers2013

Hi Dellan, I finished 15 lots of rads on January 4th and noticed soreness from around 7. I used aqueous cream from a couple of days before I started right up til 3 weeks after and was lucky to just get what felt like mild sunburn.  You can get it cheaply most places and is a great cleanser too so I also used it to wash with instead of soap in the area. Hope you get on ok with the rest of you treatment, 

Emma 😄

Ps I dont drive but would imagine the only problem may be your seatbelt as treatment goes on so may be worth investing in some sort of padding.

Dellan

2nd radiotherapy session

Hi,

I've just had my second session of radiotherapy and wanted to know when the side effects start? Can anyone also tell me If you are okay to drive whilst undergoing treatment?

Thanks
D x