2nd stage breast cancer

I go for op 3rd July pre op next week then 2july injecting blue die to see if spread I have to have wire inserted in breast iam very scared never been knocked out for op just hope they get it all out .iam still in shock why me I do not smoke drink ear chicken fish no red meat go swimming every week ear salads veg use cocanut oil for frying baking

Hi Toulula
Welcome to the BCC forums where I am sure you will find the support you are looking for. Please also feel free to call our helpliners to talk through your concerns, they are on hand with information, support and a listening ear for you

Helpline - 0808 800 6000 Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2

Here’s a link to our ‘Treatments’ section of the site where you will find information relating to the treatments you are undergoing soon along with further support ideas which you may find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hello Toulula,

So sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I think you must mean grade 2, as the stage won’t be  known until after surgery. Many of us here have led healthy lives, non smokers, eat healthily and exercise regularly. There is no rhyme nor reason why you, or I, or any other member should have got BC.

I had the blue dye when I had my mastectomy in Decembeer 2012, as I did have cancer in one of my lymph nodes. That was found at the biopsy. Thankfully the other were ok. After your surgery, when you find out more about your tumour (ask for a copy of your path report) you will know more about any forthcoming treatment. Most of us find that we just want to get on with it at that stage.The waiting is the worst time, so try and fill the time with things you enjoy. Walking, reading a good book, It won’t be too long now and that part of it will be over. Good luck with your surgery and please come back to let us know how you got on, and what treatment you will be having. xx