67944members
357732posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd surgery and weepy/low. Could it be anaesthetic?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: 2nd surgery and weepy/low. Could it be anaesthetic?

Hi Rosejack

So sorry you are having your second surgery, I found my second surgery a bit of a test because my first surgery happened so soon after being dx ((two weeks)). Waited  2 weeks for results then a month later I had second  surgery, that was last week. The reason I felt so down was the waiting around.  Please keep in touch.  Your not alone. We are all in the same boat, unfortunately. 

Hope you get some sleep, I have found like you the lack of sleep is so annoying and I think this does not help your mood. Hope my reply helps.

Good luck for the 17th dec and gentle hugs.

Janet. xxx

Highlighted

I am due my second surgery on the 17th dec. I was low and weepy after the first. I am dreading it again. Cannot seem to take much in. We just have to go through with it I suppose. Does not help when you don't sleep well. Plus so uncomfortable with the effects of the operation. Hope you feel better soon. xxx

Highlighted

Janet, other than tired/fed up/queasy after meds etc I've been fine. Wound healing v v quickly and minimal bruising. Am back at work! Apetite still a bit low, but have therefore lost a few pounds and my trousers today look bloody amazing - always a benefit somewhere? 🙂
Highlighted

Hi Nally

I have just found your thread, thank god I have found others on their 2nd or more surgery. I had my second surgery yesterday and I am feeling a bit tired and fed up, I thought naively I would only need 1 surgery and the radiotherapy, how wrong was I.lol. 

Well time to fight another day tomorrow. Keep strong ladies. Big gentle hugs to you all.

Janet xxxxxxxxxxxx

Highlighted

I had a stroll with my drain in!! I had to have 5 lots of surgery in 2 months, was OK but the weekend after my last op,I just shut down, did not answer phone, did not want to see anyone. Fed up with people telling me to rest!

Just go with it, this what I say.Be kind to yourself.

It does catch up with you, and a good cry wont hurt.I am feeling a lot better, last op was nearly 3 weeks ago, and now driving small distances and re joining the gym next month. Been a long, and eventful time, but got through it.

Take care.

Highlighted

thanks both, I'm a bit nauseous too.  Wasn't quite sure what that was about, whether that was connected at all?   I know I'm bl***y fed up today though!  Not sure whether to wallow for yet another day or go out and have a little walk in the fresh air. 

Think I might have a little walk.   If it works I'll feel good anyway? 

Off to try and keep positive.  Anyone fancy joining me for a 10 min stroll lol?

Highlighted

Hi Nally, I had surgery on 19th and I haven't been able to stop crying for the last couple of days for no apparent reason also, although today I feel not as tearful but slightly stunned that this is all happening to me. I think any reaction we are having is the mind and bodys way of coping with all the changes that are happening to us at the moment . I hope your'e feeling a little better soon. x

Highlighted

Hi nally,

Think it's all catching up with you, I felt really bad after second op only 2 weeks between ops, felt so tired and had nausea. It will get better but it does take time, look after yourself in fact spoil yourself! If you need a rest just go for it and don't worry if you can't do all the things you usually do! Be a little selfish and make sure you take care of yourself. You have been through a lot! xx

Highlighted

2nd surgery and weepy/low. Could it be anaesthetic?

Me again lol.  Had second surgery last Thursday as hadn't got clear margin from WLE on 24 Oct.  Pain is all OK, feel fairly good about that.

But boy am I tired/weepy/low.  Is it from 2 x anaesthetic or is it just all catching up with me?

Anyone else felt like this?