3 1/2 hours until I get the results

Hello all. I am so glad that I found this site. I knew I shouldn’t have been surfing the webb, but I wanted to / needed to find out more. I was recalled 8 days on from a mammogramm have had the biopsies tuesday and am back in today (Friday). Quick, which of course worries me more. I am 90% that I will have BC as my mother had it (when I was 17) and my great grandmother. So I have lived with it for some 30 years. If it wasn’t for the routeen mammogramm It wouldn’t have been found for some time!

I know the questions that I need to ask. But still have a few more rattling around in my brain…

Can I ask is it a good idea just to get it out of the way and inform everyone/ any anyone, or not? Where on earth am I going to get a suitable bra (I am quite large, so support is an issue)? How long does it take for this bruising to stop being so sore?

Sorry this may seem like a bit of a rant. Now rattling about until time to go to the hospital.

Nerina

Hello and welcome to the forum, it is a lovely place where you will get loads of help and support.

With regard to the bra question, I am not sure how to help you on that one.  Since my op I have been getting mine from M&S as I find them really comfortable and well fitting.

I am assuming the bruising is from the biopsies, mine took a couple of weeks, however I think that was more due to the fact that I ended up having two lots in the space of two weeks, so probably that didnt help.

When I was diagnosed I had several friends who knew that I had been recalled and were waiting for me to get my results.  I text them on the day telling that it was good bad news, bad news being it was bc bu tthe good news was that it was totally treatable and that I had a treatment plan in place which I shared with them. 

I did not tell my mum until after I had my results as she is elderly and lives far away from me so I wanted to be able to give her positive information.

I think at the end of the day, if it does turn out to be bc, you should go with what feels right for you.  I told my boss that if anyone asked where I was, as I was going to be off work for around 4 weeks, I was happy for her to tell them the reason why.

I am a great advocate of routine mammograms as without mine it would not have been found, and to think I nearly did not go

Let us know how you get on and sending you a pair of our tough pants which have deep pockets so that we can all be there with you to support you.

Helena xxx tough pants.jpg

Thank you for the support (and big pants) results are in. I have a benign fibroadenoma.