3.5 very long hours!

Just spent 3.5 hours at hospital. Last week at regular 6 month follow up appointment (I’m now 4 years since original treatment) was told routine mammogram had shown an area of ‘distortion’ and they needed take more images. My stomach did a huge flip as you can imagine, and when the nurse range to book me she said they would need to do an ultrasound as well, which made me even more scared.

So I pitched up at 9.30 but they had some problems with people before me so it took till 12 to see me. It then turned out to be the other breast, which completely threw me (did onc say this last week, was I too nervous to take it in?). After the mammogram they decided they would do an ultrasound as well, and the chap spent absolutely AGES going round and round my breast, by the end of which I was absolutely terrified. He then said ‘well I can’t see anything at all on the ultrasound’ at which point I nearly leaped of the table to hug him, but he did say there is a very tiny area of ‘distortion’, which could be lots of things, but not to worry. He will talk to ‘the team’ and they will contact me next week if they want to see me again.

SO I am exhausted, shaken, and somewhat relieved (but not totally). Had a Magnum on the way home, of course.

Sorry for the long post…just had to tell somebody!

Shame you had to go through all the concern - the news sounds good tho. Glad you had a magnum- I think I will have one later to celebrate your good news too.

Sarah I have had many scares in the past 5 years since diagnosis, had to have endless ultrasounds but it all turned out ok…they will be extra catious with us from now on which is good really, try not to get in a twist I know its hard I am the same but all sorts of things show up on those scans, mostly changes due to Tamoxifen/Arimidex if your on either of those.

Your breast tissue will have changed alot since all the treatments and even if god forbid it was anything sinister it will have been picked up super early.

Have a nice evening, i found Gin and Tonic on tap always helps!!

Hugs
Nikki x

Thanks both of you - its the first time I had a ‘recall’ and must say thought I would be cooler about it!

If you were here I’d buy a round of magnums washed down with G&Ts!

S