3 problems in one breast

Hi

I saw my GP last night as my left breast is “unhappy”…I always thought pain in the breast was a good sign but now been told that is not necesarily true. 

Had consistent, bad pain in the breast for 6 weeks, the tissue has thickened down one side considerably over the last few months and the doctor identified that the hard pea like lump I had felt is not necessarily part of the tissue thickening. The lump sits between my lower armpit/upper breast. 

They made me an appt for the one stop breast clinic for next week.

Mother was diagnosed in her early 50’s and had bilateral mastectomy and removal of lymph nodes. 

I keep telling myself it will all be fine and have now stopped looking at google!

Planning to go to the clinic alone as I don’t want to worry about anyone elses concerns that day…is it ok to drive if I have a biopsy?

Many thanks

Jules

Hi Jules

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure you will soon get some wonderful support from the many informed users of this site.

To help you along I have put for you below the link to one of BCC’s publications you might find helpful.  Also our helpline team are just a free phone call away if you need to talk in confidence to someone away from family and friends .  The staff here offer both practical and emotional support so please don’t hesitate to give them a ring.  0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/worried-about-breast-cancer/referral-breast-clinic-bcc70

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hope your apointment goes well Jules, I am in the same boat as you have been to see my GP this morning who examined my breast and feels hardening like I do with a lump refered to breast clinic just the wait for the appointment now :frowning: second time to be refered first time was last year turned out to be just a fatty lump praying and praying this is the same . Will keep you in my thoughts Jules let us know how you get on and fingers crossed for good news for you.x