Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 symptoms...referred for assessment

5 REPLIES 5
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: 3 symptoms...referred for assessment

Im new and also have 3symptoms I saw gp last thurs and waiting to hear from clinic. Are you in a lot of pain? take care . Emmax
Morwenna

The loss of control is the scariest thing for a lot of us, and the glacial pace that seems to occur in these early stages of diagnosis. Someone described it as like a train crash. Goes on and on, and you won't know the exact situation until it all unfolds. The waiting is the hardest thing. Once you have all the information, you can assimilate it and with your medical team come up with a plan of action. THEN you will start to feel more in control!
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi jojo have sent you a pm xx caz
Guest user
Not applicable

hi Louise....thank you so much for this info. I have had blood on my bra this afternoon. Just light coloured small patch. It's the not knowing what this all means that is so difficult. I am a very strong and positive person so that keeps me going but this loss of control over your body and what it's doing is very scarey!!! I would really value other people sharing with me their experience of these symptoms whether or not the outcome was positive or not so positive. Thank you!!!xxx
Louise_BCC

Hi jojo

Firstly, welcome to the discussion forums, I'm sure you'll find lots of support her. Whilst you're waiting for others to come along, I thought it might help if you had a read through our factsheet which covers what to expect from your breast clinic appointment. Here's the link, I hope you find it a helpful read:

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/worried-about-breast-cancer/referral-breast-clinic-...

Kind regards.

Louise, Facilitator

Guest user
Not applicable

3 symptoms...referred for assessment

Hi everyone
last weekend my nipple on my right breast was irritating me.....mildly itchy. When I then looked at it I noticed a discharge....it's a clear discharge and sticky. No blood that I can see. But quite a lot if it as in it shot out then when I squeezed the nipple. I have since read not to squeeze and so have stopped!!
The discharge though prompted me to examine my breast further and I located a small hard lump. I went to my GP on Wednesday and whilst sitting in the waiting room was convincing myself that I was going to leave after the appointment feeling like an idiot because the lump was so small she wouldn't find it however 20 minutes later that was not the case. She was not only able to locate it straight away but also pointed out an indent/ crease across the breast which to be honest I had paid no heed to. She was very good but I got a real sense of urgency from her in terms of her saying " we are not going to mess about with this" . She then referred me to the triple assessment clinic in a city two hours away ( I live in Northern Ireland) and explained i would be seen within 2 weeks. I got my appointment through yesterday for next Wednesday, so a week From seeing her.
Although being seen so quickly is great I am now becoming very worried about 3 symptoms.....has anyone else ever had this? I keep checking to see if all three are still there which I know is daft. I have 2 children 14 and 11 and am 48 next Saturday.....my thoughts keep turning to how they will cope if the results turn out to be BC. I have been reading posts on this fantastic site and am amazed by all the strong, inspirational women and men on here. I don't know if I can be that strong!!!

Anyway thanks for listening....any advice or support would so gratefully received.xxx