Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 years on and life is good

3 REPLIES 3
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: 3 years on and life is good

Hi Monica

I'm sorry to hear that you're still going thro' the process!!!

I hope you can get out, as I did, it's well worth it.

Life is good . I'm not stupid, like you. But know that we should enjoy life.

I'm now 3 years post dx and am enjoying life again. I've just finished a cruise in the med and have another booked for the carribean for next february.

I loved work and never thought that I would look forward to retiring. But things change. And I don't regret, for a single moment, leaving my job.

Lihe is to enjoy.

Mal x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Mal, I remember you from my post dx days and its great to hear you are doing so well. After much hoo-ing and ha-ing about whether I should return to work, I did go back last July. I struggled and never got past 3 days, and finally have gone back on the sick due to constant headaches and fatigue plus other symptoms - chemo brain, AI SE's and needing brain scan to rule out mets. I'm not going back to work and am working on retirement plans - its inspiring to hear from people like you who've done that and are enjoying life. I hope in a years time I'm feeling as good and strong as you (my hair is doing well, anyway!)
best wishes to you - may you keep smiling
monica xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Great news Mal - thanks for sharing as it does help to know there are good times after treatment.
It's good to reprioritise and having just retired myself am enjoying rediscovering all the parts of life that work pushed out...
Best wishes to you

Guest user
Not applicable

3 years on and life is good

I don't visit this board too often anymore although it was a lifeline when I was dx.

Grade 3 with 3 out of 24 nodes involved and I was planning my funeral. I really didn't think I would live to see another summer.My chemo buddy died and I was in the depths of despair.

Fast forward to now. I'm doing well. My hair is how I remember it. My energy levels are up. I've given up work and basically enjoy life.

It's so hard when you are first dx. I felt as though the pause button had been pressed on my life and just couldn't think ahead. But it does get better. Now I'm planning holidays for next year.

My heart goes out to the newly dx but just wanted you to know that life does resume and you do enjoy life again.

You do re-assess your priorities after treatment and my priority is to enjoy life.

Take care
Mal