cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32 and stressing out :( cysts?

4 REPLIES 4
mamof3

Re: 32 and stressing out :( cysts?

i dont like to see anyone other than my normal gp. i have read lots of info that cysts can be hormonal, my periods are all over the place ,i hope it has something to do with this.

my daughter is seeing gp tomorrow, i may just mention it again.. just dont want to go on holiday with this looming over me. my last ultrasound on that breast was july 2013, dont know if that makes a difference?

Emma26

Hi mamof3. I'm a mum of 4. 🙂
If you're not happy with what your GP has recommended, why don't you see another GP at your practice for a second opinion?
I expect your GP wants to see if the lumps are hormone related hence why she wants you to wait. Googling can be helpful at times and anxiety-increasing at others. Hopefully your GP is correct and you just have cysts but if you're feeling that this is going to spoil your holiday and it's certainly worried you to the point that you've lost your appetite, I'd perhaps consider seeing another Dr to see if that helps to put your mind at rest.
Good luck. x
mamof3

thanks for the link, it does state on there that gp can say whether it feels like a cyst and gp is likely to refer you to a clinic, this hasnt happened with me .

im wondering if there are any links to pcos and breast cysts.

Jo_BCC

Hi mamof3

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums.  I'm sorry you are feeling so worried at this time, please could I suggest that you call our helpline and talk through your worries/concerns with them.  They are here to support you.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.

Also I have put for you below the link to BCC's publication regarding breast cysts.

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/benign-breast-conditions/breast-cysts-bcc73

Take care

Jo, Moderator

mamof3

32 and stressing out :( cysts?

Left side pain for few weeks, had the same pain 2 year ago and had ultrasound which was clear, this time round I thought the pain is in the same area (breast,armpit)
Done my monthly check 2weeks ago and found a small lump, it can move and feels squishy. I left it alone and put to back of my mind and pain dissapeared.
Seen gp for something else yesterday, and I mentioned it to her, she had a feel of left breast only and said she could feel multiple cysts and that most women get them and don't know they have them. I was fine at this point u till she said come back in 6 weeks, I suffer really bad health anxiety and cannot stop googling. I found lots of info on cysts can only be diagnosed after tests etc, this has made me ill, I haven't ate anything since Monday. I can't get to see her until end of June, but I'm going on holiday for 10 days and really don't want this to spoil my holiday.
I'm 32 and also have pcos, my periods are all over the place, sometimes 9 weeks apart, others 4 weeks.
Any advice.