cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32....feeling overwhelmed

2 REPLIES 2
Momo26

Re: 32....feeling overwhelmed

Stef stay positive. Won't lie & say it will be easy but as I keep saying to myself 'I am not dead yet'. Being pregnant is unfortunate as far as starting your treatment but know one is giving up on you. You will need your families support but you will be surprised at how wonderful people can be and never be afraid to ask for the help you need. It all seems really daunting at this stage but the reality of treatment is that it's not as bad as you are probably fearing at this stage. Just deal with it one step at a time. Big hugs.
Lizzy_BCC

Re: 32....feeling overwhelmed

Hi Stefr122, 

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this difficult time at the moment. Our users are very supportive and I am sure they will be along soon to offer their support. 

In the meantime you can always call our helpline on 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about your worries, talk through any questions you may have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below. 

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

stefr112

32....feeling overwhelmed

I'm 32 and 7 months pregnant.

10 days ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer in the right breast with approximately 2cm lump in breast. Results showed cancerous cells within the lump.

Today I've been told my FNA biopsy on my lymph nodes nearest the lump has showed cancerous cells present.

I've been told within the next 3-4 weeks I will have a partial mastectomy with full axillary lymph node dissection after this I will be induced early so I start chemotherapy followed radiotherapy.

I don't show emotion well and so have asked questions I feel I need to know but still haven't asked that one question I'm scared to know the answer too...

I already have 2 young children at home with a 3rd on the way, I think even for me it's too much to know if this is it. While I know the looks on the doctors and nurses face is that of sympathy I can't help feeling it's the look of a grim reaper staring back at me.