Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32, mother of 3 and waiting for mammogram/ultrasound/CT

3 REPLIES 3
ann-m
Community Champion

Re: 32, mother of 3 and waiting for mammogram/ultrasound/CT

hi M,
From what I've seen, a bloody discharge can be something else, not necessarily bc, so hopefully all will be ok. Do go to the 'ask our nurses' section if you feel you need to discuss symptoms further.
Are you in the US? as our processes are slightly different in the UK.
It is always the pits waiting for results, but thankfully it is all being checked out. Let us know what happens.
ann x
Mclark

Hi Ann! Thank you so much for your response a little while ago.

I need you to talk me down again.

I had a mammogram and ultrasound performed last Monday. The Mamm tech said there was definitely dark masses and it was good I was having an ultrasound done to verify what they were. I was thankful she said that because my Mom has had cysts and I had begun to think "Ok, I have cystic breasts, no big deal".

I called today and my results had still not made their way to the doc. Ok, not a big deal, the pain had subsided and seemed but seemed to be picking up again today (I'm thinking infection).

Then, while I was changing tonight I realized the discharge has now become bloody. 

This could still be an infection right? I've been pretty calm about the whole thing once I talked to my mom but now this is throwing me for another loop.

Have you or anyone you've talked to seen ladies panicking about blood and it turns out fine?

The other thing that's changed is the area that had originally been quite swollen is now rock hard. It's not round, feels like a duct just completely jammed up or something. I know you're not a doc but everything I've been told by my doc is "bloody discharge bad" - which of course was fine to hear when the discharge was clear then yellow. 

Ahhh, I'm sorry, I know I should just wait to talk to my doc before freaking out but I'm freaking out- anything you can say will be much appreciated.

ann-m
Community Champion

Hi Mclark,
It's good that you have been referred, so that it will be properly looked at.
Of all the things it can be, inflammatory bc is rare & the least likely ourcome, there are other much more common reasons for your symptoms.
As we say to many women on here, the golden rule is to step away from google, all it does is create a whole load of unnecessary anxiety. If you want info then use this site.
Many women come on here with the symptoms you describe & get the all clear, so chances are all will be well.
let us know how you get on
ann x

Mclark

32, mother of 3 and waiting for mammogram/ultrasound/CT

Hey. I don't know if anyone will read this. A couple weeks ago I noticed my right breast seemed to be leaking clear fluid. I stopped breastfeeding 3 years ago, thought it was strange but shrugged it off. 2 days ago, I noticed my right breast was tender and hot to touch. I couldn't tell if I was feeling a lump or a swollen duct so I made appt. symptoms have gotten slightly worse, leakage has turned yellow and pain has extended to under my armpit. There seems to be a dark discolouration under the same breast and I can't tell if I've got creases or stretch marks. AND, same breast is itchy as hell! Doc took culture of leakage, blood yesterday. I have a mam and ultrasound booked for Monday and a ct next month. Just wondering if anyone has had my symptoms? It came out of nowhere it feels like and I made the mistake of Googling... the only BC that fits is inflammatory breast cancer and I'm scared...