Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32 weeks pregnant and recently diagnosed

5 REPLIES 5
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: 32 weeks pregnant and recently diagnosed

I keep thinking about you and your situation with the children and hope you're ok. Just an update to my last post, having quite mild side effects from the chemo last wed, still able to get on with most things around the house. Just keep drinking the water, that seems to help with most things. I started ordering online groceries which might also be a good idea for you, if you're not doing that already. 

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry to read your news, it's really bad that you have had to have surgery while you are pregnant, hope you are recovering well. If it helps, I had my first chemotherapy today and I'm fine tonight, just a mild headache, so don't worry about that too much, just cross each bridge when you come to it.. Must be very difficult looking after young children in these circumstances, but your mum is helping, and I'm sure your nurses will be able to tell you what other help is available. Love and best wishes to you xx 

HelenL_BCC

Hi summaluv

Lulu34's right, I think we do have other members who've experienced a diagnosis while pregnant. I'd recommend taking a look in our Younger Women and Families thread for support too: http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Younger-women-and-families/bd-p/4449

I'm so sorry you're having to face this; you're not alone - keep posting and if you need to talk, our Helpline is here too (0808 800 6000).

Helen 

Lulu34

summaluv

best wishes.... think there are some other ladies who are on here who were pregnant at diagnosis... one of my lovely friends with TNBC was diagnosed when she was pregnant a couple of years ago and this year she took part in a Breast Cancer Care fashion show in Glasgow and she was stunning... she is anyway..... but there is definitely life after breast cancer xxxx

love and hugs xxx
Sam_BCC

Hi summaluv

I'm sorry to read you're having to go through such a difficult time at the moment, I'm sure some of the other users will be a long soon to offer you their experiences and support. 

In the meantime you might find it helpful to read the BCC factsheet 'breast cancer during pregnancy' If you would like to order a copy or read this on line just follow the link below:-

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-during-pregna...

Also if you need to talk things through please do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you share your feelings and cocnerns with someone who will offer you emotional support and practical information.  The lines are open Monday to friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator 

Guest user
Not applicable

32 weeks pregnant and recently diagnosed

I am 37yrs old and 32 weeks pregnant with my third baby girl, 6 weeks ago i was diagnosed with having grade 3 triple negative breast cancer, my thoughts were straight away was i ever going to meet my new baby and be a mum to my other 2 daughters. With alot of help from my mum i have had surgery to remove the lump and also 4 lymph nodes and am currently recovering from this op. In the next 4 weeks my baby girl will be induced and i will have a few weeks to bond and breast feed and then will start my chemo. Really scared at this thought, how will i cope to care for a new baby a toddler and a pre teen. Reading what everyone else is going through or been through gives me so much hope that i can beat this. My thoughts loves and prayers go out to everyone that are battling this horrible disease, i hope one day they find a cure xx