Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

33 and found a lump and consistent blood test anomaly

6 REPLIES 6
MelMc68

Re: 33 and found a lump and consistent blood test anomaly

Hi Elsiepie,

I too found that everywhere I looked, there seemed to be something about cancer! I think we just become more 'tuned in' to these things when we have that horrible niggle lurking in the back of our minds.

The best thing you can do now, while you're waiting, is find as much as possible to divert your attention. Something that you need to use your brain for! I'm the world's worst worrier. Doing things like housework can help a lot of people, but not me! It gives me time to think! I found things like puzzles and games to be a great diversion... Each to there own, but whatever works for you, DO IT!!!

When the wait is over, everything becomes easier, trust me. Keep your chin up, keep busy and try and keep calm. Also, keep in touch! Love n hugs, Mel. X
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Mel. x

MelMc68

Hi Elsiepie,

The waiting is really the horrible bit! You'll hear that from most people on here. But, whilst you are waiting, this is a great place for support.

Best of luck with your appointment, Mel. X
Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you Janet and Loulou.

I went to see the doctor who confirmed there is a lump there, he said the chances are its a Fibrodenoma but did an urgent referral to the breast clinic to check. My appointment is on the 27th Jan, I'm still worried and time seems to be going very slowly indeed! Also everywhere i turn at the moment, there seems to be refernces to cancer and it's freaking me out a bit. I know its because its because its on my mind but I'm aslo supersticious and panicking that it's a sign. Just want the rest of the week so go quickly now. xx

loulou1262

Hi

Just wanted to respond in saying you are definitely doing the correct thing by having the lump checked, I have no idea about the blood count issue but please just wait until you speak with your doctor.. I spent days on Google and frightened myself to bits!! Waiting is really difficult but you are doing the right thing, hope all goes well but if you need any further support I have found this the best place...big hug xx Lou

Janet_BCC

Dear Elsiepie

Welcome to the forum.  I'm sure other members will soon be along to offer you some support.

You could also contact our helpline for information and support.  They are open from 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Guest user
Not applicable

33 and found a lump and consistent blood test anomaly

Hi All,

I'm 33 and found a lump in my right breast 2 months ago which does not go away after my period. I have an appointment with the docor in a few days, which I booked almost 3 weeks ago. You can see any doctor at the practice but like most places there are doctors you prefer over others so decided to wait until my preferred doctor had an available appointment. I have to say it has been playing on my mind a lot lately, especially because last time i visited the doctor  was for a blood test  as i wasn't feeling 'well', my results came back with a low WHITE blood cell count and was told to repeat again 2 weeks later. The repeat blood test came back as 'normalising' but to repeat again in 2 months time. I've since had further low white blood cell counts and I'm due for a repeat test in a couple of weeks again. Has anyone else had something similar, I'm worried that the two could be linked in some way?