33 and found a lump and consistent blood test anomaly

Hi All,

I’m 33 and found a lump in my right breast 2 months ago which does not go away after my period. I have an appointment with the docor in a few days, which I booked almost 3 weeks ago. You can see any doctor at the practice but like most places there are doctors you prefer over others so decided to wait until my preferred doctor had an available appointment. I have to say it has been playing on my mind a lot lately, especially because last time i visited the doctor  was for a blood test  as i wasn’t feeling ‘well’, my results came back with a low WHITE blood cell count and was told to repeat again 2 weeks later. The repeat blood test came back as ‘normalising’ but to repeat again in 2 months time. I’ve since had further low white blood cell counts and I’m due for a repeat test in a couple of weeks again. Has anyone else had something similar, I’m worried that the two could be linked in some way?

Dear Elsiepie

Welcome to the forum.  I’m sure other members will soon be along to offer you some support.

You could also contact our helpline for information and support.  They are open from 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi

Just wanted to respond in saying you are definitely doing the correct thing by having the lump checked, I have no idea about the blood count issue but please just wait until you speak with your doctor… I spent days on Google and frightened myself to bits!! Waiting is really difficult but you are doing the right thing, hope all goes well but if you need any further support I have found this the best place…big hug xx Lou