Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

33 and recently diagnosed

2 REPLIES 2
Tra16

Re: 33 and recently diagnosed

Hi Kenniesgirl

I'm 40 and had a right dude masectomy last thursday . It was no where near as bad as I imagined. I was first op of the day, back in ward at 12 and eating lunch by 12:30. I was up and about that afternoon. A week on and got some tightness and stabbing pains but nothing tablets don't take off.

I go back weds to find out about whats next re chemo etc. I think they drip feed you information so it's not too overwhelming. My way of coping is to deal with one thing at a time so it's suited me.

There is no family history for me so I feel
Like I'm in a steep learning curve but this site and the ladies been a wealth if knowledge and support.

Good luck on the 9 April. I know everyone is different but I honestly didn't find it too bad

Tracey
X
June_BCC

Re: 33 and recently diagnosed

Hello KennysGirl

Welcome to the forums.  I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis, the first few weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with your diagnosis and treatment.
As well as the support you will receive on the forums you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early...

You may also like to talk things through with one of the helpline staff, they are there to offer emotional support as well as provide information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes

June, moderator

KennysGirl

33 and recently diagnosed

Hi, I'm a newbie 🙂

I found out on Friday that I have breast cancer. I'm 33 with two children (12 & 14).

I found a lump 5/6 weeks ago and was referred by my GP to the breast clinic. After an ultra sound, mammogram and biopsy the result came back 2 weeks later confirming those dreaded words.

I think i am still in a state of shock. My mum has had BC in both breasts ( a year apart) and my auntie has had BC in both breast (4 years apart). I guess I always knew I was at risk and kind of though it would catch up with me one day but I never thought I would be sat here joining this forus at 33.

I feel like I know so little. Everyone else seems to know alot more about there cancer, the treatment options etc.

All I know at this stage is I have Grade 2 Secretory Breast Cancer. It's a rare form responible for less than 1 % of breat cancers. I am having the lump removed along with lymph nodes on 9 April. And that is all I know.

Should I have more information at this stage?

Feeling rather anxious with it being such a rare form - are they not telling me things because they don't know enough about it at this stage and need to do more tests following the lumpectomy?

Everyone else seems to know about masectomy options, chemo vs radiotherapy. Is is normal for everthing still to be so unknown??

Really looking forward to hearing from you.