I am recently diagnosed grade 3 smallish lump, and going for chemo first then elective DMX with recon.then Tamoxifen
Try not to worry about anything changing between when you first start this whole DX business and when you get started on the treatment to cure you.... I have been reasssured by my surgeon and radiographer that that doesn't happen. The main thing is to get all the tests done (which i LOATHE, like everyone i think they are the most stressfull thing) so the treatment is targetted specifically to be the very best it can be for you. No two cases are the same, and it seems that everyone has a mix of grades, stages, numbers etc. I'm no expert but I'm sure the chemo will be big and bold enough to tackle an extra lump or two!
Personally I will be mighty relieved when the magic chemo is sweeping through me taking NO prisoners!
You're not alone sweetheart.
It is good that you have found the courage to join this forum - it is what keeps me sane and although we are all going on our own individual journeys together we can get help and support from each other - and some humour too
There are positives for you - Grade 2, HER -ve, oestregen receptive, one breast and so far no node evidence. The cancer is curable.
The good thing is that they are starting treatment soon, the chemo will shrink the lumps, the surgery I think most of us find is not so bad and then radio to complete the job.
You will then be very very closely monitored.
I think there is a facebook group which I'm sure someone will send you the link to for younger women (under 45) with breast cancer. This is supposed to be very good and they are likely to be facing the same feelings as you regarding your girls.
Good luck - keep posting!
Finally brave enough to write on here after reading many other ladies similar experiences and traumas of BC which has given me hope and reassurance i am not alone in this.
Diagnosed a couple of weeks ago with Invasive Ductal Calcinoma grade 2. Oestrogen positive, HER2 negative. Nothing indicating at the moment that it has spread to the lymph nodes but I have been told this will be checked more in depth during surgery. Was in total shock and has been dealing with the roller coaster of emotions that have come with this, as know I am going to have to have chemo because of my age, then surgery, then rads. I had just got my head round everything until yesterday when i went back for an appointment expecting to be given dates for chemo and surgery, only to be told that they had found another lump on the same breast from the MRI i had last week! (didnt show on mamogram due to age and tissue type) This has set me back right to the start again as feel I have just been told all over again the worse news possible. They tried to reassure me that this doesnt change anything other than surgery, as only a masectomy is the option now. This i am fine with but feel like it is double worse beacuse there are 2 lumps and that it is spreading. Was content with being one of many like on this site going through this but now feel like I am becoming alone with uncommon issues 😞
Back in next week for results of the biopsy on second lump, although they already indicated its probably another cancerous tumour, and then to see oncology as will probably start chemo first a wk friday. I hate all the waiting around, its just frustrating.
I have 2 very beautiful girls aged 3 and 6 and they are what keeps me going right now. I wil fight this for them as I lost me mum when i was 10 years old and dont want them to go throught the same experience as i did.
Trying to stay strong but not sure i can take any more blows or unexpected news!