cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd year clear mammogram

10 REPLIES 10
Melena

Re: 3rd year clear mammogram

I had my mastectomy last June 2013 and went for check up in January and have been told I will have a mammagram in September when I go abck to breast clinic.

venice25

hi mac123

sorry posted too quickly just wanted to add that my thoughts positive thoughts are with you love Gill x

venice25

hi mac 123

yes, yours is 1 year after dx i thought so i will check when i see the onc . I totally understand your anxiety even though I want the mammogram i know I will be just the same as you terrified . love Gill

Mac123

Hi Venice25

I was diagnosed 7th March 2013 and completed my chemo and radio last Oct. I had my first mammogram last week (26th Feb).Feeling bit scared now waiting for results.

Hope this helps x

venice25

hello ladies

can anyone tell me when you have your 1st mammogram after treatment .I was dx june 2013 had WLE and SNB 6 FEC 15 rads which ended 24 jan 2014. I  thought i would have a mamogram after 1 year of dx but heard it will be 1 year after rads  which will be jan 2015 .Just wondered if this is standard practice or does it vary from health authorities thanks Gill  

chrissy16

I've had my third one and it's now nearly two weeks. No letter yet. My last two had letter within a week. Why don't they think that we ARE anxious about it, and we NEED to know results, not have to chase them up! I'm not happy. X

Guest user
Not applicable

Leadie... GREAT NEWS... sorry you had to chase!

I had my 3 year mammogram last week and am in the waiting stage!

Eliza

Great news on the clear mammogram, leadie. Not so good having to chase up the result though. My Year 3 mammo is at the end of the month, with a clinic appointment just over 2 weeks later, which is quite long enough to wait. Fingers crossed for you, cherub.

Eliza xx

cherub

Good for you with your mammo result - I know how you feel about waiting 5 weeks though. I'm year 5 and had my mammo weeks ago, then I was sent an appointment for last Tues at the clinic. It was cancelled and shunted back a fortnight. I have to assume I'm OK, but as I'm waiting to be told I've finished remission it doesn't half prolong the agony. I had a s**t weekend because of it.

Guest user
Not applicable

Congrats to you 🙂 x

Guest user
Not applicable

3rd year clear mammogram

Dear All, Thought I'd share this good news with you all. Had to wait 5 weeks for the results and then I phoned up to be told on the phone!! Not impressed at all!!