367410posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 days after mx, question about dressings and shower

6 REPLIES 6

Re: 4 days after mx, question about dressings and shower

I would get straight to your practice nurse and get it dressed. I had a horrendous infection and ended up in hospital for 9 days. Don't want to scare you but need to stress the need to get yourself seen.

Viv xxx

You need to call the dressings clinic/ward asap and get it re-dressed, these things are difficult to heal if they get infected.
I had mx and recon 23/10 and have experienced mx skin breakdown which is still weeping in spite of not getting wet.
You need that sorted pronto.

Good luck

You need to call the dressings clinic/ward asap and get it re-dressed, these things are difficult to heal if they get infected.
I had mx and recon 23/10 and have experienced mx skin breakdown which is still weeping in spite of not getting wet.
You need that sorted pronto.

Good luck

I had a double mx two years ago and came home on the fourth day - my four drains having been removed gradually over the last two days. My wounds were glued and stitched with dissolving stitches. There was a very sturdy sticking plaster like dressing on top of these which was well stuck down for about a week.

I had failed wle a month before the mx and both times I was lucky enough to have no problems with either infection or seroma.

It seems that there are quite different procedures depending on where you live. I had my surgery in Edinburgh.

Hi I had a mx August and do remember having a dressing on at home. I did showemi with mine on but didn't really get it soaking. The yellow fluid is normal it is called seroma and as long as its clear it is ok. You probably are best getting a new dressing onto it and seeng the bc nurse as you don't want to get an infection into it. I ended up getting an nefarious 6 weeks after my mx, I'd obviously taken the dressing off, but still had a pm all scab, well the scab fell off but nderneath was still quite raw and bugs got in through there. Ended up on antibiotics and daily dranng pus out. So I would say yes go see your nurse and cover it.

Sorry I can't help. I had a mx a year ago, stayed 2 nights and had the drain removed the day I went home. I can't remember much about what dressings I had other than a nurse whipping a manky-looking one off and saying 'You don't need that. I do remember it getting soggy in the shower but I don't think I had anything on when I went home. xx

4 days after mx, question about dressings and shower

Hi, I had mx 4 days ago, and have a question about my dressings, and hoping someone who has had surgery can help please? I had an overnight stay and drain was removed day on the day I returned home(Thurs) .
BCN put some waterproof dressing over my surgery wound dressing , so I could have a shower at home. The problem is that the dressing got wet during the shower, and I'm leaking down the mx side. The dressing has gone a strange yellow colour and come away from my skin in parts. I have a wound check on Tues at B/Clinic, but wondered if this is normal or if the dressing should be changed before Tues?
Anyone else experienced this? Thanks
Jac x