4 mm lump in same breast as before!

Please help me. Easter weekend and no one to turn to. Yesterday I had an ultra sound and he found a 4 mm lump 2cm from my original cancer site. He seemed sure it was cancer and took biopsies and sent them off. It’s only been a day waiting for results and I’m always on the loo or wretching with sickness with worry. I can’t help but read about it and now I don’t know if this means that it has spread to an organ or bones or whether it’s just contained in the breast . Sooo scared and I’ll with worry. Any info at all greatly received x

Dear TeeCass

I’m so sorry you find yourself in this worrying situation.  I’m sure other members will soon be along to offer you some support.

Our Helpline re-opens on Tuesday.  The opening hours are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000. 

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi Didn’t want to read and run.  Just wanted to say I know exactly how you are feeling and it being Easter is the pits when you can’t access anyone, like Christmas.  Please try not to read anything else as it just fuels the worry, I know as I do it all the time and like you I become sick with fear and worry.  The treatments these days are so much more advanced and whatever your results I am sure they will deal with it.  Hugs to you and please don’t read any more, they are not relevant to your situation as everybody is different.  Phone the help line for some reassurance and the very best of luck to you xxx

Thank you xx
How are you? X

Hi Teecass
Oh the waiting is the worst part for all of us. I was just recently diagnosed with recurrence as well Mine popped out from my mascectomy scar…it was 2cm lump. After confirmation I had a bone scan and body scan to check for spread.i was like you scared it had spread.Luckily it was found to have likely been a rogue cell left from 4 years ago that had took life. I’ve since had it removed and waiting to start rads as a further precaution. I’ve had my tablets changed to. This could be the same for you.
They will be able to compare this biopsy with your last one to see if is the same as last Cancer or a new Cancer.
I’m afraid it’s back to the waiting game which is the worst which is no consolation to you at this moment as that was my main concern it had spread Please try to stay positive…we are all here for you.xxx

Thank u thank u thank u xxxx

Mines 2cm away from original site tho , do u think that makes a difference?

Sorry , not expecting u to know - oh the questions!!! So so scared.

Thank u so much for ur support xx
It was a fibroadenoma !!
Think mastectomy now to make sure it doesn’t come back

Wen do u start rads?
Good luck with treatment - I had rads 1st time round.
Can I ask one more question plz ?
Just wondered wat tablets u have changed?
Thank u again - I’d like to keep in touch? X