cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4years and anxious

8 REPLIES 8
tuney

Re: 4years and anxious

I am 4years out and anxious, now I have to take homonal tablet for 10 years that the new norm. My scans have come back clear but I still feel uncertainty. I am a stage 3 girl. Hope you scan was ok.

Mrs_B

Got my all clear letter on Thursday. So that's another year in the bag and I can now focus on looking forward to my holiday. Thank you so much everyone for your comments. Least I know I'm not going mad.
Hollyberry

Mrs B, sorry to hear that you couldn't get your mammogram out of the way last week, that must have been so stressful. Will be thinking about you tomorrow. Let us know how the appointment goes. It's really good that you are sorting out your holiday, so that's something good to look forward to.

hollyberry x

ladybowler
Community Champion

Mrs B

Oh flip that is so upsetting, but at least you have one tomorrow and the doctor was happy.  Sending you a hug xxx

Mrs_B

So. Attended appointment last week. Couldn't do the mammogram as the machine wasn't avsilable. I had a cry and let the doctor examine me. He assured me everything looked fine, but until I get my mammogram results I'm still anxious. I had to ring the next day and booked appointment for tomorrow. Have scanned my holiday insurance forms and going to pay the balance that's due. Thanks for the kind messages. I just needed let it out. Fingers crossed guys x
Hollyberry

Hello Mrs B, I can totally understand where you are coming from. I am 3 and a half years on from my diagnosis. Most of the time I can put the cancer to the back of my mind but sometimes things remind me. I think any kind of check up, no matter how far along you are, brings it very much to the front of your mind. The first oncologist I saw said that everyone has to find their own way to move forward and that she couldn't help me with that. She also said that every day on from the diagnosis, means it is less likely to come back. 

How did it go on Thursday? Thinking of you.

hollyberry 

Moijan

Hi Mrs B...how did it go?

thinking of you,

Moijanxx

BonitaE_BCC

Hi Mrs_B,

I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling so anxious. I realise you've probably had your appointment today and I hope you were able to say how you're feeling.

Please feel free to call our helpline whenever you are feeling anxious, on 0808 800 6000, who will be able to talk you through any questions you have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below:

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday, 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Bonita 

Mrs_B

4years and anxious

Hi ladies. Am so anxious about my next mammogram. Fours years since diagnosis and treatment, and I'm convinced the cancer is back. I'm constantly looking for lumbs that aren't there and convinced my breast tissue is thickening ( whatever that means?). Initially I've been optimistic, the treatment was to rid me of the cancer I had, but now I'm just waiting for it to return! Feels like the four years anniversary is making me feel like I'm heading back towards Cancerville. We've a holiday booked for the summer but I won't let my hubby pay the balance just in case. I know I can't be the only one. Am not looking forward to Thursday as that's my breast clinic appointment. Am sick of the quick physical examination like that's meant to make me feel better! Am sick of the casual questioning of my health that leaves me uncertain and the wondering if I should say how I'm really feeling. Am really sick of all this uncertainty. HELP!!!!