5 days to go till i find out full results

Hello again ladies,
I’m having a bad day well me and my partner are
Just trying to get it all straight in my head. How could the dr know that i have it without getting the biospy results. Can they tell before then?
I know i could call the helpline and they will probably be able to tell me all i need to know but i thought I’d check with you all.
I havent slept properly for two nights. this waiting is so hard. Of course i know that the prognosis will be good as so many encouraging ladies on here have told me its just the terrible thoughts i have in my head.
I’m scared about the whole process.worrying about everyone and me.
My son who is 7 doesnt know but i can sense that he thinks something is up becuase i’m not at work. I’ve just said i’m not feeling well. My partner is very emotional as we buried his step dad last week so he is just getting over that.
Sorry to ramble on I just cant beleive that this is happening…
Thanks for listening
Fran xx

Hi Fran
The waiting really does seem to be the worst part. I was diagnosed 29th Nov following abnormal mammogram and core biopsy. Have DCIS which they don’t think is invasive but need to have a sentinel node biopsy to confirm just before xmas before having an mx and anything else I may need. I was in a terrible state, as was my OH during the 2 weeks from being told I needed to attend a clinic to getting the results of the core biopsy and had terrible headaches and mood swings. However, since I saw my consultant on monday and have a plan, I am in a much better place as I know what I need to face, even though I am still nervous about the next biopsy.
I am sure that, however difficult your diagnosis may be, you will gain strength once you know where you stand and what needs to be done. You will get swept up in a raft of different appointments which actually keep you distracted.
My daughter is almost 16 so not as difficult as 7 but she had sensed and was so relieved that it is was not terminal that she is fine. Whilst I was preparing to tell her I did find a great leaflet in the publications section about telling children so recommend you read that so you are prepared once you have your diagnosis if you need to explain what is going on. Children are very resilient and will give you so much love.
I will be thinking of you and wish you all the best for results day. Please let me know how you get on.
Lesley x

Hi there,

Here’s the link to BCC’s publications regarding talking to children:

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/talking-your-children-about-breast-cancer-bcc50

Hope this helps.

Jo, Facilitator

Fran,

I don’t really know what to say but felt you sounded so down that I thought I’d respond.

Some time ago I was right where you are now. It’s a sh*tty place to be and the disbelief and shock were overwhelming for me too.

Really really hope you and your partner are getting plenty of emotional support with all that’s going on. I would have completely crumbled early on without my wonderful Breast Care Nurse.

Thanks ladies,
Think i was having a bad day, well we both were. We decided to put that behind us and what will be will be!
I’m going to my works xmas do today its an afternoon thing and then my brother has offered to babysit so we can go out tonight for a few drinky pops…So i’m feeling much better today…Only 4 more sleeps to go.
Thanks again xx

Hope you had a great time with your workmates this afternoon and enjoy your evening out.
xx