75.3K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 weeks of tests

6 REPLIES 6
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: 5 weeks of tests

Anna sorry for delay, no I had my right breast removed last Monday and feel fine, some slight discomfort but that was maiLucy due to having the drain in for 5 days. I get my final results next week but I need to cancer gene test to see if that is the cause of my cancer as I am now 4th generation with breast cancer, if the gene is there then they will remove my left breast. Hope your results came back ok and you can't finally have your surgery. Louise xx

Re: 5 weeks of tests

I was up at 3.30am this morning too. I had the MRI biopsies done on my good boob on Wednesday, and now have to wait until Friday for the results. I really understand why you decided not to delay surgery - just another week's wait feels like it's crushing me. And to be honest, now that doubt has been cast over my good boob I just want the surgery and for them to remove both. It will always be a worry for me otherwise.
Are you having a double mx on Monday? I was sure from your posts if they are unsure if the cancer has spread in the right breast or to the right breast. Either way, I'm sending you bigs hugs and lots of love. Anna xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: 5 weeks of tests

Beeny, I decided not to delay surgery and have the mx. The MRI biopsy's would have meant a further 6 weeks wait and I have already had 5 weeks delay due to all the testing that needed to be carried out to get a definitive answer. I go in on Monday for the mx and 2 weeks later I will know my treatment plan. Hope all goes well with you xx

Re: 5 weeks of tests

Hi, it sounds like we're in an almost identical situation. Not a happy place to be. On Monday of this week I opted to go for the MRI-guided biopsy on my right side (the first MRI showed two areas in my 'good' boob that needed further investigation, but it wasn't possible to do the biopsies with ultrasound). I got a phone call this morning to say that there is a slot for me tomorrow. Deep joy! I'll get the results on Monday. There's a part of me that hopes the decision will be taken out of my hands and they just tell me I need a double mastectomy and get it done with. Right from the beginning I told my oncologist that I was only going to tell my children I had breast cancer once, so they needed to be thorough with their examinations. I certainly got my wish...
I think the decision is different for everyone, it certainly seems so from reading the threads on here. Are you married, do you have children, how old are you... all these things seem to have a bearing on the decisions people make. Just try and remember that whatever decision you make, it will be the right one for you at this point in time, based on the information that you have. Good luck - let me know how you get on?
Anna xx

Re: 5 weeks of tests

I do hope you get your results soon and that it hasn't spread to right side. Sending very big hugs and best wishes.

Poemsgalore. xxx

Re: 5 weeks of tests

Bumping this up for lucylou so it shows in latest posts.

Guest user
Not applicable

5 weeks of tests

After 5 weeks of tests, due to having invasive lobular cancer, biopsy's and MRI and further biopsy and today, they are still not sure if my cancer has spread in my right side. Results next week, if they are positive then decision taken out if my hands but if negative, I have to decide whether to delay surgery and undergo a MRI biopsy or have a full mx. Feeling very confused and not sure what to do. Friends say full mx but it is easy for them when they are not loosing their breast. Decisions decisions and still do not know what treatment plan will be after today's 1 hour ultra sound session, feel like I am a permanent fixture at the breast cancer clinic at the moment and they will be reserving me a seat 😕 x