5 weeks untl my op - advice on how to cope until then????

Diagnosed with Grade 2 ductal bc last week, op date set for 11th June.  Had been told it might be sooner so bit upset.  How do I cope until then and what symptoms can I expect??  Seem to have pains all over since I found out, is it just in my head??

Hi so sorry with the news. Am a newbie and went docs Friday and have a 2cm lump now just waiting for a phone call from breast clinic min/tues and I am beside myself just waiting and the not knowing. I can’t really give you any advice as have not got a clue what your going thru but I can say that you are a strong person and you can beat this. I think the pains your experiencing is mostly shock and stress as your body does ache when totally stressed and under pressure. Just try and focus on you make yourself busy and try and not think bad. Your operation may seem weeks ago but it will soon come round and once it’s done your on the mend to recovery Were all here by your side when you need to talk Sending big hug Xx

Hiya,
The waiting is the worst bit, I’m 5 weeks post lumpectomy and SNB and due to starts Radiotherapy next week, I was fortunate that my op was two weeks after diagnosis.
The pains your experiencing are going to be because your so stressed out, I ached all over and constantly shook with fear and anxiety so understand completely how you are feeling, it’s a hideous shock and things don’t really start to settle down until you’ve had post op results and know your treatment plan, well they didn’t for me anyway, I came away feeling calm for the first time in two months once I knew exactly what I had and what was going to happen next, the op if your having a lumpectomy is pretty straight forward and I also had two nodes removed and was home within a few hours,it was a little tender but no real Pain, they look after you very well ? I was back driving and at work within two weeks, I know the waiting is awful but you just have to take it a day at a time and go easy on yourself, I many melt downs and allowed myself to wallow when I wanted to and didn’t force myself to be brave, a lovely family and lots of great friends certainly helped so I hope you have a good support network around you xxx Jo

I also had to wait about a month for my op because I opted for reconstruction so it took a little while to sort that. I understand how you feel as I got very paranoid as the op approached about picking up a chest infection or something which would cause it to be postponed! Only advice is keep busy, make sure you have a good network of family and friends around you who know about it and can support you. Don’t think I’ve ever had as many hugs as in those weeks just after diagnosis! Good luck, hope all goes well. X