Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 years since diagnosis

11 REPLIES 11
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: 5 years since diagnosis

Hi Angela1966, your so right if you don't think & be strong then as you say it might get you, onwards & upwards I always say . I do hope you get the all clear in October . Take care . Fishing.
Guest user
Not applicable

Its five years since my DX and it has not been an easy time. My son was only two when I was DX and saw alot of things no child should see their parent go through. I originally had a lumpectomy but had to lose the breast twelve ,months later. This was followed by reconstruction. Whilst all the time on tamoxifen and suffering nearly all the minor side side effects including depression, until last year when out of the blue I started with severe abdominal pain, and had to undergo a hysterectomy. Now all I hope for is a clean bill of health on October. I always believe what does not kills you makes you stronger.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi I will be 5 years in October but in April this year had to have an Hysterectomy for 1st stage cancer of the womb this I was told by my new Consultant was caused by the Tamoxifen & I had to stop using it , although I was told by the Oncologist in January 2009 that this could happen I thought not me so put it out of my mind. Yesterday was my yearly Mammogram & feel like there are changes in both Breasts don't no if this is in my imagination or not so a bit worried . Fortunately the Cancer of the womb needs no further treatment just a check up every 6 months. So now is the wait for the results of my Mammogram !
jackiek55

Hi it's exactly 5 years today since I had my op. I had a scare about 6 weeks ago with some numbness that the doctor thought could be bone related. I was sent for an MRI and a nuclear bone scan. Today I have been for my results and everything is fine. My bones are just ageing like the rest of me. Hope you've had your results and everything is fine.

Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck. I'm just over 5 years from dx and all is well BUT I have had some scares just like yours. All turned out to be nothing.
xx
powerjen

hi folks,
went for mri on fri, now waiting on results,

dib

good luck Powerjen,im almost 3 yrs now,still a way to go,hope your worries are unfounded and you are soon celebrating.x
Di.x

benedictus

Yep! That's me! Do hope your outcome isn't the same as mine......Keep us posted x

powerjen

thanks for replying, yes waiting for tests is the hardest bit, i have a mri next week so should know more then x

truffle_shuff

Sure it will be a bit of scar tissue tormenting you, 5 years is a long way down the line, . worry and anxiety are so hard to cope with arnt they !.

be kind to yourself x

Guest user
Not applicable

So sorry that you find yourself back on the worry wheel again, it may well be nothing the body still healing itself possibly, I didn't want to read and run and want to offer any support you need good luck!!
powerjen

5 years since diagnosis

Hi,
i was 5years on 24th June. Should be celebrating but have new lump near scar and am awaiting MRI. Sod's law!