5 years today since SBC diagnosis

Today marks my 5 year cancerversary since the double whammy BC & Mets.I’m pretty positive today and that’s down to the love and support of my lovely family and friends. This forum is a lifeline to me, I have met some fabulous ladies on here & I am truly grateful for all your help. I never imagined getting to live with this disease for 5 years and hope to continue for a lot longer yet. I have managed to see 2 of my 3 grandchildren born in the last 5 years and will welcome another in March 2018 just before my 50th birthday. As I said last year, cancer is no longer the first thing I think of when I wake up, it took some time to get to that stage though. Still have bad days but they are definitely outweighed by good ones - the joy of playing with my grandchildren is an amazing pick me up.
I hope that you are helped by my story & wish you all the best with continuing treatment.
Helen x

Congratulations Helen on your cancerversary! Five years, I always find it inspiring to read these stories, as someone diagnosed straight to stage 4, and now into my third year knowing I have this disease, it really is encouraging. Just got my recent scan results last month and my Oncologist walked into the room saying “your scan was great”, can’t ask for better than that! Here’s to many more stable years, all the best to you, Kxx

Helen …well done for marking 5 years with this dreadful disease …enjoy your new grandchild soon …lovely squiggly baby cuddles. .I welcomed twin grandchildren 6 weeks ago …oh I just love the baby smell !!
The more time that goes on …we can dream of a new magic bullet treatment !!
Enjoy Xmas ???

Congrats Helen, another inspirational story for us all - we need to hear more stories of life being lived for many years with this disease x

How wonderful. Thanks for your heartening post. Long may it continue x