Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 years

7 REPLIES 7
Butterfly318

Re: 5 years

Evening Owls4eva

Well done you for getting to 5 years, taking care of yourself and now losing weight, really positive and thankyou for remembering your promise to yourself to post at this time.  I am 14 months post diagnosis, had neo adjuvant Chemo, mx and rads. Currently taking Tamoxifen and part way through reconstruction (tissue expander in place). I have a 23 year old Son and i remember my first thoughts on Diagnosis were, he's going to be married , have babies etc and I'm not going to be there.  I am so grateful to everybody who has got me this far Surgeon , Onc,  fabulous team of bc nurses and even the physio who has put me through grueling exercises to build up wasted muscles post Chemo.  Like many others Ladies nobody can give us any promises, YET!!!  but it appears that i am NED at this time.  For my part i am doing everything i can to look after myself and i pray that i too will be posting like you in 5years. In the meantime i have a July 2014 wedding to attend (hoping for perky boobs at that event......)

Have a fabulous Christmas and Best Wishes for a Peaceful and Healthy 2014.   Gilly x

songbird68

Sorry forgot to say congratulations to Owls4eva for losing weight :)x x
songbird68

Thanks ladies:) I am only four months from dx and was feeling a bit down today. These posts have really helped. I look forward to being able to post in five years and help others too! x x

owls4eva

Thank you ladies for your replies and keep thinking of this goal another goal I want to raise is that I have finally starting losing weight which really does make me feel like Im getting back to the old me xx

Kirstie

So good to read your posts 🙂 I am only 14months from when I was first told that horrid news, so quite a way to go but well done to you girls hope I will be posting in the future. xx

NAZ

Well done Owls4Eva !

You have done so well!

I have a year to go, before i reach 5 years and i hope to be posting some happy news , just like you!

Naz xxx

tracyld

Thanks Owls 4 Eva,  I am 3 years in so long for the day when I am 5 years, so I too promise to post in another 2 years. Keep going with the inspirational stories ladies , it keeps everyone going.

Love and hugs Tracy xxx

owls4eva

5 years

Hi

I was dx with breast cancer back in 2007 and found this site and some wonderful people who kept me strong on very dark days, I know anyone reading this will want my full dx, but i honestly dont remember off hand or I choose to forget but if anyone wants it I will put it on.  

I had a lumpectomy dec 07 which came back unclear so I had a mastecomy  Jan 2008 I began chemo FEC x 6 in Feb 2008 and Radiotherapy July 2008. Since then I have gone on to have reconstruction and been on tamoxifen and Zolidex.

Well in those dark days back in 2007 when I was first dx I read on here someone who had reached that wonderful 5 year goal and it filled me with inspiration and I vowed that should I make that goal I would write on here with my story.

Well today I went for my check up and was told I am now officially "Cancer Free" it is such a fabulous feeling and one I hope that everyone of you that reads this will achieve, I have been strong throughout this journey but today I cant stop crying but for all the right reasons I wish you all health and happiness xx